Six around LAX

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

These look great Jack , the hull of the Queen Mary should be black . My wife and I spent the night there a few years ago . :D:)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, then why is it green and pixelated in my shot and in the sim?

I installed it, ran FTX Central, ran AEC, then even ran the troubleshooter and all was green.

Did I have a bad installation?

19 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, then why is it green and pixelated in my shot and in the sim?

I installed it, ran FTX Central, ran AEC, then even ran the troubleshooter and all was green.

Did I have a bad installation?

I will check out later today when I can get to my "Man Cave" .

Cheers

John

Just now, Kodiak73 said:

Looks like you got OOM problem fixed Jack, nice shots indeed !!

Thanks you guys.

Hi Kodiak, nah, I didn't those were of the very first two test flights.  The 182 OOM'd at less than ten miles from LAX but the SW made it to KSAN with no problems.  Beautiful scenery!

3 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Like John I spent with the family two nights on board QM a few years back. Not only is the hull in the wrong colour, also the Russian sub is missing. Remember, John?

Oh, so it's the wrong color in the sim?  No problem, I can live with it.  I read about the QM.  They say it's haunted.  People see ghosts and hear creepy sounds.  Wouldn't mind seeing it for myself.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

They say it's haunted.  People see ghosts and hear creepy sounds.  Wouldn't mind seeing it for myself.

No Jack, she has never been haunted. This is a pure marketing story to make the ship somewhat more interesting. The first time I stayed aboard QM was in 1998. At that time  there wasn't any mentioning of ghosts. Then I stayed aboard the ship in 2003 and 2009 with the family. At that time I heard for the first time about the ghosts. Nonsense!! I read the most fascinating book "Captain of the Queens" by Captain Harry Grattidge, who piloted her for many years, which I incidentally bought in the library of the QM. Nothing was mentioned there of any ghosts

5 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

No Jack, she has never been haunted. This is a pure marketing story to make the ship somewhat more interesting. The first time I stayed aboard QM was in 1998. At that time  there wasn't any mentioning of ghosts. Then I stayed aboard the ship in 2003 and 2009 with the family. At that time I heard for the first time about the ghosts. Nonsense!! I read the most fascinating book "Captain of the Queens" by Captain Harry Grattidge, who piloted her for many years, which I incidentally bought in the library of the QM. Nothing was mentioned there of any ghosts

I read somewhere that workers could hear knocking from the bow.  I don't believe in ghosts so I discount it anyway.  I guess there's always tourist bait, like click bait.

Archived