7 more & a question.

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Taph said:

Just outside Taupo is a geothermal area called the Craters of the Moon

http://www.cratersofthemoon.co.nz/

and just down the road is Huka Fresh water Prawn farm, one of the best Prawn curries I've had.

Geothermal?  Thanks Taph!  I have always loved geothermal, what a wonderful way to heat homes and harness nature.

I just visited that site.  Man do I wish I could go there.  My wife and I looked at New Zealand tours but from Atlanta it's way too expensive unless we win the lottery and I have a better chance of winning the lottery than winning the lottery!

19 minutes ago, dolf8857 said:

Showing me nice places Jack, wonderfull shots again!

Thanks Dolf!

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

I am enjoying your tour of Kiwi land Jack , keep them coming mate . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, but I have to say, Adam's NZ shots are the real winners, I'm still trying to learn to compose them as well as he and others do.  But I like NZ a LOT.  The scenery is so beautiful and I haven't crossed to the South Island yet.  I can't wait.  I'll keep them coming as I usually have an itchy V finger.  ^_^

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Dolf!

Thanks John, but I have to say, Adam's NZ shots are the real winners, I'm still trying to learn to compose them as well as he and others do.  But I like NZ a LOT.  The scenery is so beautiful and I haven't crossed to the South Island yet.  I can't wait.  I'll keep them coming as I usually have an itchy V finger.  ^_^

If you don't have Orbx Milford Sound scenery yet , it is a must buy . Happy flying Sir !! .

Cheers

John

We were lucky and managed to go just after I retired, kept the cost down by using backpackers, something like a Youth hostel but open to any ages, the advantage is they are

reasonably priced, and have cooking facilities so you not permanently eating out. To get around used the bus network, NZ has great tourist assistance, you can book things in

advance or just pop in an office and they will organize and book things for you

http://www.newzealand.com/uk/

11 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

Nice shots, Steve!

Best

Lucky

/////////

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great stuff Jack and some more interesting info about an unusual feature.

After Milford Sound don't forget to buy Queenstown if you haven't all ready got it.

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Very Nice Shots Jack !

5 hours ago, Taph said:

We were lucky and managed to go just after I retired, kept the cost down by using backpackers, something like a Youth hostel but open to any ages, the advantage is they are

reasonably priced, and have cooking facilities so you not permanently eating out. To get around used the bus network, NZ has great tourist assistance, you can book things in

advance or just pop in an office and they will organize and book things for you

http://www.newzealand.com/uk/

Thanks all you guys!  As soon as I get the coin I'm gonna buy both the NZ airports.

Hi Taph, my wife and I would have to win the lottery to go in this lifetime.  I'd sure like to go though.

Archived