AU VFR Tour Day 7

rick66

My flight today was planned over the Kakadu into the Gulf and up past Weipa across to Murray Island then down the Coast to Cairns, got diverted to Mareeba on the Atherton tablelands due to some poor WX at YBCS, anyhow the posts are scattered and sparse due to my ongoing texture problem.

map.jpg

Preflight on the GA Apron at Darwin International..

1bc720.jpg

29fbda.jpg

3c158f.jpg

4.jpg

Some heavy storms building ahead over the Kakadu... Do i go over or under... or through.. or dodge... yup under... ??

5.jpg

Croc infested swamps, not a good place for engine failure i`m guessing...!! This was my only single shot of the area that wasn`t corrupted by LC errors... oh well..

6.jpg

On final @YNTN Normanton... just in time for some Lunch with the Locals.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Another quaint little Community airstrip by OZx...

10.jpg

Luch is done and i`m of to Cape York.. Top end and then Torres Straight over to Murray Island...

11.jpg

Australia`s most Northern Tip in all it`s glory in substandard blurry detail... lol

12.jpg

Tim Harris Classic Freeware of Murray Island, and can you spot the AI...?

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Short Field Takeoff and landings needed here, it tested my skills....!

16.jpg

the journey down to cairns was a non event for scenery due to isolated storms and low cloud so i diverted to Mareeba for the night.

17.jpg

18.jpg

That`s it for Day 7, next up is Mt Isa and Longreach then down the coast... cheers

We are now fortunate to have three separate tours going on and I for one love it.  This tour around Australia is really beautiful and I especially like the narration.  I did see the AI, it was small plane off to the left of the shot.  Vey cool.  Where would I get this freeware?

Thanks for these as I love following along.

Best,

Jack

Archived