FPS @ Dubrovnik

GermanyGreece93

In P3D v2.5 I have about 17-18 fps staying at the threshold of 12 and 20 fps at the threshold of 30. In the front of terminal I have about 33-35 fps. Such fps I have with all options disabled in config panel + with very conservative / averaged settings in P3D. Of course my PC specs is not impressive, because it's i7 3.4 -> 3.7 Ghz and GTX660Ti, Win7, but with limited settings I have decent performance in many payware airports. Honestly speaking I'm totally disappointed, because the performance is worser than in ESSA and size of both airports is incomparable, even if we consider the additional area arround...

Hi guys,

I am sorry you're disappointed, none of us found bad performance during our testing of the airport... Please continue to play with the control panel settings, and also check maybe your autogen settings. The static aircraft will by FAR have the largest performance impact, but if you wanna keep those then you can start with things like the PeopleFlow, 3D grass etc.

I also found that my performance increased tremendously by running in full screen mode compared to windowed mode, if that's something you are doing.

The static aircraft can be turned off in 3 sections, the biggest hitter will be the one that puts static aircraft at the remote gates.

We plan to have an additional option in the control panel in a patch that should be able to further improve performance by turning off the hardened surface of the car park, for those who do not care for that.

Cheers

I think there's also a chance some people may have duplicate files relating to this airport.  Scan your FSX or P3D folders (especially add-on scenery), for any LDDU or Dubrovnik files that aren't in the ORBX folder, delete or rename any you find EXCEPT for ORBX_LDDU_APX_ALT.bgl in the Scenery\world\scenery folder.  You could also try unticking any non-ORBX scenery entries in the Scenery library (above the default ones) including Add on scenery, if that makes a difference you know you have a conflict somewhere.

My LDDU performance is as smooth as silk 

As I mentioned I unticked all options in the control panel. I reduced autogen to normal too. Unfortunately I don't see any good result - maybe 1-2 fps more... The strange thing is that in front of terminal I have great fps. The fps drop I see when I look to the left or to the right, so in the direction to the thresholds. I will check the suggestion of duplicated files.

Full screen is not the solution for me because I'm the Vatsim pilot. 

Car parking seems to not be a problem for me because I have good fps when I'm at the gate and looking to the airport terminal. 

Unfortunately the same for me :(

No duplicate files, nada. Everything in the Control Panel is deactivated, even further, i deactivated all sceneries, except Orbx Libraries, LDDU, OLC-EU and Vector, still the same and exactly as "Martin_Starski" posted, in front of the terminal frames are great, but looking to either side, gives stutters and significant fps drop. I´m running quite conservative settings, a fast PC and have no problems with other Orbx/Non Orbx sceneries, something strange is in this scenery (btw., it´s beautifull :))

Regards, Lars

No problems from my side, full Orbx package, get around about 20 fps, on a mid range system (with a PMDG NGX, in P3DV3.2). I really like the look of the airport, especially the static airliners. Static aircraft are a feature of Orbx airports which really make a difference in realism for me. Additional options for the control panel, may be of benefit, my inclination is to edit out non airside features. 

Overall, well done, would like more of the same!

The only fps reduction I get is in Spot view looking back at the airport while heading towards the city. FPS goes down to low 20's.

I also did a search of P3D for any duplicate LDDU files and can only find one,in Vector ABP_LDDU. Is this required or are the details (unknown to me) that are contained in that bgl also covered by the bgls in LDDU addon considering LDDU contains Vector info?

Do you have any idea what can cause such significant drop of fps when looking to the thresholds?

In the other post I saw information about the patch referring to trees, but I'm not sure if it applies to all problems mentioned here. Some of us has got much better fps when looking to the terminal, some in the other way - when they look in other directions than the airport terminal. I'm also not sure if it depends on the P3D version - in my case it's P3D v2.5

Maybe we can help you to diagnose the cause of problem somehow - please just let us know.

I am holding to buy big airports because of bad fps at some. If my fps is below 60, I am getting non smooth cockpit panning (I have a 60 hz monitor) ....

Small airport in small city = just fine.  Big airport in big city = non smooth and not so fun.

Same fps problems here. Please find attached some pictures with focus on the fps...looking at the Terminal destroys the performance. I also tried to adjust the settings (grass, static ac, and so on) but no improvement. There seems to be some issues with the FSX SP2 Version (W8.1, i7 @ 3.5 ghz)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

1f.jpg

2f.jpg

3f.jpg

4f.jpg

set.jpg

On 8/26/2016 at 6:14 PM, Misha Cajic said:

Hi All

Rasha and I are working on a solution so please just bare with us while we do that. Thanks for the patience and once again apologies to all those who cannot get the scenery to work smoothly.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed the new patch in order to check if there is a difference.

With almost all options unticked I had the same performance drop as before when looking to the thresholds (from 35 at terminal to 15-16 to threshold rwy 30), but.... I read in the configuration tool that the automatic seasons may have a significant performance impact, so I changed from automatic to "summer" and voila - now there is stable limited 35 fps around the airport. It seems that in case of my P3D v2.5 it's fixed now :)

Just thinking out loud here but disabling a feature in this case to have the scenery automatically change seasons to me sounds more like a workaround rather than a solution?

Personally I never liked scenery where you're forced to change seasons manually because having lots of sceneries it's a burden to change all of them whenever the season changes.

Archived