Narvik sloped runway

zazaboeing

Yeah, it doesn't look like it's very sloped (can't exactly tell that by google images), but some initial photos and posts were mentioned it was being developed as a sloped one. Just wanted to confirm, it would really be nice to have more sloped runways!

Sloped runway would mean no AI coming and going from this airport. 

It has been a long time now since it was discussed here on these forums, but IIRC they made the decision to stay with a flat runway.  No doubt somebody will correct me if I am wrong, or if my info is outdated. 

2 hours ago, Ripcord said:

Sloped runway would mean no AI coming and going from this airport. 

It has been a long time now since it was discussed here on these forums, but IIRC they made the decision to stay with a flat runway.  No doubt somebody will correct me if I am wrong, or if my info is outdated. 

Thanks for the info Ripcord, it's sad to hear that though. I really love and prefer the immersion sloped runways gives over AI traffic. 

You want sloped? I haven't flown the Snake River Canyon area in Idaho (hopping from one strip to the next) in a while ( I like making this run in the winter for some reason) but I remember some strips being very sloped? 1 or 2 I found impossible (for me) to land on the downhill side even with A2A J3 Tundra, I run out of runway/strip.

Or are we talking addon AP's only being flat?

Archived