NA OLC First Impressions

Jotayhen

default vector data in the states isn't too terrible.  if you get into canada/alaska or central america/Carribean you will want the improvements that FTX vector brings.  there will be missing lakes and stuff in the states too, but when FSX shipped it had some licensed road data already built in.  most of the major data should be reasonable.

That said, vector is a hearty recommendation from me anyway.

Flew across Texas, I'm amazed by the details.  East of El Paso, have the farms around Dell City and the salt flats.  Then I got to the Permian Basin, saw the oilfield land class.  Unbelievable how much detail is included.  First time I've actually felt like I'm flying across Texas.  Can't wait to explore the rest of the country.

Hawaii still looks wrong.

It doesn't appear that any of the errors I pointed out in the beta screenshots of Hawaii were fixed.

Wrong types of trees, trees and buildings in the wrong areas, mountains without vegetation on the slopes, colors are way off .......

I noticed some dedicated buildings and antennas have been added at the Pacific Missile Range Facility, decently representing some structures that are actually there. 

However, even after time was taken to create a decent representation of the AEGIS Ashore compound, S.E. of the PHBK airfield, there are trees conflicting with it?

On use of Vector: My (very early) impression is OpenLC NA fitting better to FTX Vector than OpenLC EU does. Partially this may be based on the different structure of US cities.

Kind regards, Michael

I agree to Michael, Vector fits much besser. It doesn't look as dominant like it does in LC Europe for example.

Fields, forests, cities, villages, everything looks more suitable, cripser and not as they do in openLC Europe. Hopefully a major update can transfer this feeling to Europe too.

Kai

On 8/1/2016 at 6:02 AM, John Venema said:

Yes OLC NA will upgrade all the FTX NA regions with the new enhanced night lighting. Try revisiting SFO or SEA at night ;)

You ain't kidding JV....  I am speechless after flying couple of fields.  An add-on can change the looks so much.......  darn it I'll have to ply all 'em routes again to see what ORBX have cooked up!!  

Archived