Migration troubleshooter

Jack Sawyer

Ben, I know your thread is closed but I'd like to thank you for that migration troubleshooter.  So here's what I did so far, I'll number them.

1. Ran FTX Central and updated it then the Libs file for P3D.

2. Ran the migration troubleshooter tool (and thank goodness for it) and found a bunch of red text.

3. Ran the Remigration process.

4. Re-ran the migration troubleshooter and all green text!

5. Did the exact same thing with the same results on FSX.

If I did not know about that troubleshooter program I never would have known so thanks a lot for that!

All I need to do now is test P3D and see if it's okay but don't have the time right now.

Best regards,

Jack

12 minutes ago, SimPat said:

Can someone let me know where the "Migration Troubleshooter Tool.exe" is located. The link in the announcement is broken. 

Open Ftx Central, select "Settings" then "Trouble Shooting", select "Force Migration" and wait for it to go through the whole process, do not interrupt until it tells you it is finished. It takes a few minutes. Good luck!

7 minutes ago, hwh85 said:

Open Ftx Central, select "Settings" then "Trouble Shooting", select "Force Migration" and wait for it to go through the whole process, do not interrupt until it tells you it is finished. It takes a few minutes. Good luck!

Hi hwh, I think he wanted the actual troubleshooter tool.  I ran it after the forced migration as you describe to ensure I had a good "green" migration.

Cheers,

Jack

Hi Adam, so there isn't a tool showing up in FTX Central> Troubleshooting?I have Diagnostic Reporter, Sync Orbx, and  Force Migration.I don't understand how I'm to use the Troubleshooting tool.

No, it isn't in FTX Central.

Mine is here C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\Troubleshooter

So go to your Flight Sim folder (FSX or P3D) find your ORBX folder there, go to the Troubleshooter directory below it and it is in there.

Archived