Hong Kong to Almaty, part 2

bernd1151

This is the second leg of my journey from Hong Kong to Almaty (UAAA) in Kazakhstan. The runway in Bhutan is with 6,500 ft somewhat short for a plane such as the Tu-114, so we depart with no pax and just enough fuel to bring us safely to Almaty. Flight time will be around 4 hours.

1.jpg

Here we go, it is 6:15 am, we have 18 degrees Celsius. I know that this is just a simulator, but I am a bit nervous, I have to admit

2.jpg

Yezzzzzzzzzzz, good girl

3.jpg

Now we need to carefully navigate through the valleys until we have reached a safer altitude

4.jpg

The best view in the plane can be enjoyed from the navigator’s seat in the plane’s nose

5.jpg

6.jpg

What a scenery. This is just Global, Vector and FS Ultimate

7.jpg

8.jpg

The huge Taklimakan Desert is further out to the West, but doesn’t look that impressive in the sim

937564.jpg

We get closer to our destination and approach the Issyk-Kul lake, in the northern Tian Shan mountains in eastern Kyrgystan. It is some 180 km (112 mi) long, 60 km (37 mi) wide and with an area of some 6,200 square km ( 2,400 sq m) it is the second largest mountain lake in the world after Lake Titicaca. It lies at an altitude of around 1,600 meters (5,200 ft) and reaches 670 meters (2,200 ft) in depth.

10d9088.jpg

11.jpg

Long final into Almaty

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Welcome to Almaty, former capital of Kazakhstan. What a journey, I loved doing it

16.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Wonderful set Bernd.

It is amazing how engrossed some of us get when things are a bit dicey.

My thoughts were, if you can get it into the air half the battle won, then you have to thread yourself through the mountain valleys.

The navigator really had the best view of any airliner flying in those days. The Tu114 was a remarkably safe aircraft.

16 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Bernd.

It is amazing how engrossed some of us get when things are a bit dicey.

My thoughts were, if you can get it into the air half the battle won, then you have to thread yourself through the mountain valleys.

The navigator really had the best view of any airliner flying in those days. The Tu114 was a remarkably safe aircraft.

+1  - Thanks for taking us on this journey with you!

Thanks a lot, dear friends

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Great stuff, Bernd! Lovely to see some of these places, and thanks for introducing me to this Tu-114 - I've grabbed a copy and will certainly have some fun with it.

Cool, I think Andy, you will like it, alone the sound is addictive, when you slowly spool up the engines :) 

1 hour ago, Juanvito said:

Beautiful pics! Are you using any graphics mods?

Hi Juan, the only thing I do after having hit the "V"-key is that I resize and sharpen the images a little bit. Everything else is straight out of the box

Archived