Required to Login every time I hit the Home link

ramonb

As the title says.

Every time I hit the Home link I am logged out and  asked to login again.

I have cleared the cache, history etc. This is happening with Windows 10 explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

Any advice?

I should add this was not happening yesterday or earlier today.

Sometimes, like today its worst. On top of having to re-login, I am now occasionally forced to login twice.

One in the short popup and another in a login page.

Sometimes the Who's Online says I'm the only one logged in, sometimes it shows all logged in members.

ORBX please address this problem.

+1

I can avoid it by opening each forum in a new browser tab and navigating from there but if I follow the home link from anywhere I am always signed out.

This forum (mis)behaviour seems to have started around the time of the recent forum issues and wasn't a problem for me before then.

Same in Chrome and Firefox (I don't use IE).

1 hour ago, SAWT said:

Never happened to me so maybe it's something that needs to be set on your computer?

I believe this is an IPS board bug (Session not persisted or something else)

It's not only my Main PC as this happens from 5 different computers (Win 7 & Win 10) from 3 sites (Home and 2 offices) in different parts of the city, different browsers, routers and internet providers.

It started when they changed servers.

Might be difficult to track as it happens randomly.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

If I'm not logged out by navigating, to get to any main subforum like FTX Support or back to Public Home I have to go into Unread Content and find then click someone else's post that was made in that forum. It Then allows me to navigate to the subforum, as long as it is not Home

(I had to do that just to go back and edit this post).

This is quite annoying.

Please someone from ORBX acknowledge.

Try doing a search for the ORBX forum first. Once you have logged in with results of that search then save it to your favorites. Now try clicking on the new link that you created, you should be logged in now. This worked for me when I had that problem.  Josh

Has been happening to me too. Then when I go to log in again it tells me I have entered incorrect login details. I then close browser... clear cache then come back and i am able to log in again. No biggy. Im sure orbx will look into it.

Cheers

Franky

On 6/28/2016 at 4:09 PM, ramonb said:

Bump.

If I'm not logged out by navigating, to get to any main subforum like FTX Support or back to Public Home I have to go into Unread Content and find then click someone else's post that was made in that forum. It Then allows me to navigate to the subforum, as long as it is not Home

(I had to do that just to go back and edit this post).

This is quite annoying.

Please someone from ORBX acknowledge.

I copied this issue over to the "IPS Forum Support Issues" in hopes it will get acknowledged...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/207-ips-forum-support-issues/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

As we don't write IPS Community Suite, I'll have to create a support ticket with IPS to get this resolved. However, before I create the ticket, I'll preemptively ask a few more questions so that I can give them a detailed ticket:

• Does this happen every time you click the home button, or only occasionally?
  • Are there any extensions running in your web browser that could be causing issues?
  • If you try logging into your account on a separate computer, do you still experience the issue?

33 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Does this happen every time you click the home button, or only occasionally?

Are there any extensions running in your web browser that could be causing issues?

If you try logging into your account on a separate computer, do you still experience the issue?

Yes, every time.

No

Only use the one computer

;)

50 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

As we don't write IPS Community Suite, I'll have to create a support ticket with IPS to get this resolved. However, before I create the ticket, I'll preemptively ask a few more questions so that I can give them a detailed ticket:

• Are there any extensions running in your web browser that could be causing issues?
  • If you try logging into your account on a separate computer, do you still experience the issue?

Yes, every time, but I have found it only happens when using Chrome for my browser.

Nope.

It happens regardless of what computer I am logged into.

Cheers

Doug

6 minutes ago, Doogles said:

Hmmm, it seems to work correctly using an incognito window.

By default, incognito windows in Chrome disable all extensions that you might be running.

Can you go to chrome://extensions and try disabling all the extensions you have installed (just by unchecking the "enabled" checkbox), then see if the forum works?

If it works after disabling all your extensions, try re-enabling them one-by-one until you find the culprit that breaks the forum :) 

6 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

By default, incognito windows in Chrome disable all extensions that you might be running.

Can you go to chrome://extensions and try disabling all the extensions you have installed (just by unchecking the "enabled" checkbox), then see if the forum works?

If it works after disabling all your extensions, try re-enabling them one-by-one until you find the culprit that breaks the forum :) 

The only extension that I have added is AddBlockerPlus, which I have disabled,,,,and works fine using Firefox with ABP enabled. 

I just disabled all default extensions incuding ABP and the problem is still there....

12 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

Hello

" Does this happen every time you click the home button, or only occasionally? "

No, it does not. It is random. (No search or click pattern)

"Are there any extensions running in your web browser that could be causing issues? "

Fireforx only has DownThemAll (Download Manager), Chrome, Edge, IE and  Safari for the IPad are clean default.

"If you try logging into your account on a separate computer, do you still experience the issue?"

It happens with any of my 5 PC's  (Win 7 & Win 10) from 3 sites (Home and 2 offices), also from my iPad. in any place I take it to.

Note: I mainly use Firefox , usually one tab.But I have noticed is that If I open several tabs to the website some tabs keep the session alive and others don't.

(all tests done with cleared cache, temp file and history removal).

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived