FlightSimCon 2016 Live Streams!

John Venema

AirDailyX will be live streaming many sessions and providing coverage and interviews with all the Orbx team attending including Ed, Alex, Misha, Ben, Scott and myself. Be sure to check ADX through the weekend for updates.

Watch out for exclusive new Orbx product announcement and videos of product demos by our team.

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/

Here's D'Andre's intro video, lots of stuff he's planning over this weekend.

Yes, a lot of background noise, anyway always cool, at least for me seeing my mates! The video could be post processed to eliminate a bit the background and exalt the voices at the mic, sampling a part of the noise and filtering applying a noise reduction with the sample it should work :)

Maurizio

That will probably work if the microphones that, for example, the A2A chap & the guy from AirDailyX were holding when they were discussing the Constellation were actually plugged into a recording medium & not just stage props.

Missed Orbx presentation as had given up trying to understand the washing machine audio that was coming through the live feed.

If they can sort out the audio then live stream is worth following as at times the visuals were very good.

TTM

The one interview I could hear was the one given by Misha Cajic & Alex Goff. Great material. Let's be honest here: there's no better developer than ORBX. Why not venture in video courses like the one they did and sell them like LYNDA.com and others? There's plenty of material to work with. 

23 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Maurizio

That will probably work if the microphones that, for example, the A2A chap & the guy from AirDailyX were holding when they were discussing the Constellation were actually plugged into a recording medium & not just stage props.

Missed Orbx presentation as had given up trying to understand the washing machine audio that was coming through the live feed.

If they can sort out the audio then live stream is worth following as at times the visuals were very good.

TTM

Yes, i know the problem. I made some jobs of this type in my work, i had some customers who recorded conferences in analog tapes and asked me to transfer onto CD, and if possible, to process the voices very low respect to the surround noise. So i made the work with Adobe Audition, sampling the surround without the voices who were speaking and i applied the noise reduction using that sample. Then, i reprocessed the track using a filter who exalts the human voice frequences. And at the end i gained the track to have a reasonable volume level. It wasn't perfect, because sometimes the filter cuts off also some frequencies of the voices, but the track performed much better. Obviously you can make it only after, not live. When there is a lot of noise you have to use microphones with a sensitivity that catch only at a short distance, like those you use to record the voice in studio. Usually web microphones or something similar catches everything. So that is the problem, i think. When i was younger i have worked for some concerts mounting all the devices and setting for the sound. but don't think it's easy, even if you speak at the microfone for a conference, there are many aspects to consider if you are in an environment like that. In this case it's better that each speaker has a microphone near the mouth and transmits wireless to a console where you can also adjust the levels.

• John Venema unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys and thanks to John for the post!!. Sorry i just saw this topic. Yes the livestreaming was coming from my iPhone mounted atop my camera rig. Unless thousands of dollars are invested in this like E3 coverage, this is as good as I gets for the time being. The goal was indeed for you all to be able to watch live through the iPhone in order to be able to be part of the fun but the actual audio and video was recorded through a separate high end camera for processing later. I sill have so maNY more hours of video to process so please bear with me it's all on the way! 

4 hours ago, newmanix said:

Thanks guys and thanks to John for the post!!. Sorry i just saw this topic. Yes the livestreaming was coming from my iPhone mounted atop my camera rig. Unless thousands of dollars are invested in this like E3 coverage, this is as good as I gets for the time being. The goal was indeed for you all to be able to watch live through the iPhone in order to be able to be part of the fun but the actual audio and video was recorded through a separate high end camera for processing later. I sill have so maNY more hours of video to process so please bear with me it's all on the way! 

Man, you went above and beyond. No small thing you did here. Thank you for all your effort. :)

Archived