accidentally flew to Cardiff - 10 shots

sightseer

I started at Elstree EGTR and I flew to Old Warden EGTH and I wanted to go to Cardiff but I also wanted to go to Southampton and I figured Southampton was closer but my subconscious must have gotten in the way and I found myself lost for a minute and then I was coming into Cardiff.  so...

I enjoyed the flight.  and heres ten shots.  they look good on this system and Adam has made me paranoid (thanks ! -- yeesh :)  )

17ef97.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

thanks for looking.  and I am aware that Ive posted 21 shots in the past three days so Ill try to cut down at least somehwhat.  but it is the screenshot forum so...maybe.

it just looks so good.

cool.  glad you guys don't mind seeing them cause I do enjoy taking them and showing them.  and I appreciate the comments.

JimmiG -  its my own work that Im doing.  I create my own skies and clouds.  Its a creative outlet.  I appreciate your comment as its good feedback ("less saturated is good").

I usually prefer bolder clouds but I am enjoying this look Ive got going.

BTW - the cloud in my current avatar photo can be seen in pic8 behind the airplane.  cloudmaking is a cool hobby.

On 2016-05-19 at 11:40 PM, sightseer said:

JimmiG -  its my own work that Im doing.  I create my own skies and clouds.  Its a creative outlet.  I appreciate your comment as its good feedback ("less saturated is good").

I usually prefer bolder clouds but I am enjoying this look Ive got going.

Hope you decide to release some of your work in the future :)

I've been trying numerous cloud and sky sets from various freeware and payware sources but it's extremely hard to find something I like. Either it looks washed out and too white, or too dark, or too saturated, I've yet to find the perfect set. Obviously the sky looks different every day, too. Looking out my window right now, the sky is almost white, even where there are no clouds. However in the sim I'm usually looking for "nice blue summer skies" since I primarily fly VFR.

thank you all for your comments.  I appreciate it.

Jimmi-  I don't know what Ill do in the future but right now I don't have anything to share.

and the thing about sky and saturation -- it may look almost white at times;  it may have a weird dark dullness at times; it may be light and washed out or bright and clear...but I always thought a base sky texture should be the most vibrant and colorful that you would ever see in real life and then its up to a weather engine and the graphics engine and a good cirrus cloud set to add in layers of haze and clouds that dull back down the sky.  The colorful base texture has to be available as an extreme.  in my opinion.  That's why I have always tended towards a bold look.

Archived