Alone or in good company?

chumley

I decided a couple of weeks ago to jump from FSX to P3D and accordingly bought a license, downloaded P3D and installed it on a new SSD.

I have had a bit of a play and quite frankly have decided it is not for me and uninstalled it.

Some will say it grows on you but I'm not big on change in any sphere of life so back to FSX I go for the foreseeable future.

Am I alone here or has the changeover or thought of it affected others in a similar manner?

Well ,they say men are resistant to change and I know I am so I haven't switched to P3D. The other thing is, there are so many people saying

switch and so many others saying don't, so my way of thinking is that if it really was too much better peoples thoughts would be more definitive.

I used MSFS since Version 4.0 and stuck like glue on it. But due to more and more complexity and add ons whatsoever, I discovered more and more CTD and usually on online events after a 3 hours flight on short final with some other 30 planes around me. So early this year I gave P3D a try and do not understand why I have waited so long. 

My sim time changed from 80% install / repair with 20% flying time on the other way round. 

It works perfect for me, stable, no CTD, no tweaking required, lots of more FPS, just boot, load the sim and the weather, crank the engine, receive clearance and take off for the journey. 

The only problem is that money thing, lot of planes are grounded now and airports not longer in use, since I only use P3D v3 ready stuff. But that worth it, and the orbx region world offers so many places to explore. And so much more to be expected this year. 

Long live P3d ;-)

I have both.  I felt the same as you to start with.  I tend to remain with FSX more, but that's because most of my common aircraft either don't have P3D versions, or they do but at great cost.  I sucked it up and threw most of the GA planes from a certain top end supplier into it (despite the cost), and anything else that has a multi-installer.  I use it for those and am quite happy.  I'll probably simply get P3D (or dual where available) licences for scenery and aircraft from now on and slowly migrate.  However right now I'd miss my J41, MD-11 etc too much to abandon FSX.

I haven't changed yet. I got a lot of things working in FSX (sceneries, aircraft, effects, etc) and I don't want to lose them. I know that most of these things won't work in P3D so it may take a while before I change, unless, that is, Orbx develops a killer scenery that will work exclusively in P3D. What made me change from FS9 to FSX was PNW. 

I too jumped on the v3 bandwagon, despite owning every version prior, but v3 is working the best out of them all.  Never before have I had such an error-free experience.  I realized last night that I have been flying at least one flight per day for the past week, whereas before, I might fly once a week, due to issues I was trying to sort out with older versions of P3D or simply that older versions, in conjunction with aircraft I owned just couldn't be handled on my machine (despite that being new).  I probably won't ever go back to FSX now and even though I still have a fair amount of FSX products gathering virtual dust on my archive drive, I'll slowly build up a good amount of P3D content to use.

ORBX has helped a lot with creating their quad installers, and I am very thankful for that.  Their scenery can now be enjoyed as intended on my rig and I can have a lot more fun flying instead of the heartburn and headaches I've gotten before.

-Jim

Archived