Orbx AU - Buildings Missing Perth CBD

Xams

I just purchased Orbx AU, checked out Perth, turns out downtown Perth has fewer (just three!) Skyscrapers than in default P3D V 3.2 ... my scenery slider was set to one notch away from maximum when I first started P3D ... I changed it to max but no change. I also tried reloading Orbx AU in FTX central ... no change.

This is really frustrating. I don't believe Orbx would leave Perth with fewer buildings than stock P3D. There has to be some problem with my setup.

I sent a diagnostic report: otd8431401a8037c221fae6fa945845447

Cheers,

Max

Yes, I'm running Vector, installed FTX AU afterwards and activated it in FTX Central. No hybrid mode. 

I tried reinstalling FTX AU, no change. Could the download be broken? 

Can't check the scenery library right now, as I don't have access to my computer.

I submitted a diagnostic report, posted screenshots and uploaded the scenery.cfg. Would be nice if the Orbx support staff could take a look at this. I'm not from Australia, but I have been to Perth multiple times, so I see that important scenery is missing. Can't comment on the other areas, as I'm not familiar with them.

Hello,

I have indeed looked at this and also "visited", however although I see more buildings than

in your screenshot, this is in FSX and may not be a fair comparison.

It is not possible to make a partial download of any of the products without error messages

being generated and the installation failing, usually at the file decompression stage.

As I do not have P3D, I am unable to advise you on settings.

I do notice that in FSX Dx10, there are two transparent buildings

perthdx10.jpg

which reappear when it is run in Direct X 9

perthdx9.jpg

Sorry about the lack of ideas being given to you so far. I had a look at your scenery.cfg and all looks good. I have P3Dv3.2 and will take a look at Perth for you and report back what I see in comparison to you. May take a while. I note that you now only have AU installed and not Vector so the Vector deactivation suggestion is temporarily not an issue.

I wonder if like in Direct X 10, the buildings are there but not visible?

The Dx10 fixer has fixed these for me, Dx10 cannot see 8 bit textures

and I wonder if there is a similar problem with Dx11.

Out of interest, I attach the fixed textures which you might like to try.

They should be put into ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU45_SCENERY\Texture

and allowed to overwrite the two that are there.

Perth textures.zip

Hi Nick. First off i would like to express my appreciation for the in depth effort you have made into the posters query. It must have taken a lot of thought into possible resolutions and then finding the texture fix as an option to try.

Anyway i tried the fix but that does not result in more buildings showing up, but it did introduce, on my system, texture flashing of the skyscrapers, so i have replaced them with the originals.

I use reshade which operates in DX11 so maybe you are onto something there regarding DX11 not being able to see the textures.

Anyway it looks like we are stuck with fewer buildings in P3D but considering that AU was the first real FTX effort I assume that a "fix" would not be forthcoming. After all we got the SP4 as a freebie if we had bought all the original regions of AU when it first came out.

Things have moved on tremendously since those early days in orbx world !

Interestingly, using the P3D file gives me that same lack of buildings in FSX.

(I just thought I would try it)

My guess was close but no cigar, it was the models that were invisible, not the textures

like in FSX Dx10.

Thanks to Ed for the fix.

Hi Nick,

I hope the solutions are helpful to the OP "Xams"   Ed at ID:21

My Perth city looks as it should, all buildings present and accounted in FSX (see pic below "reveal hidden spoiler") but Just out of interest without introducing yet another complexity can anyone see something odd about "Petfy's" picture ID:5, compare! ground textures are showing patches of green over roads, and the city terrain is more lumpy than it should be, and some of the little buildings are missing. 

Spoiler

a9b8fa6be4e58c41596306cf5bc104b5.jpg

09c81730b46fcb432aa40ec55a93ac74.jpg

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I will try the fix when I get home and report back.

Any chance this will be fixed for the P3D installer? I'm sure there are plenty of  new P3D users that may still purchase FTX AU, even though it's a relatively old product.

Lumpyness due to FreemeshX. Holgermesh disabled. There are probably other factors at play as well (Rex E+OD,etc). Missing buildings due to sliders being at about 2/3. Green aver road is texture substitution for hill sides.

Archived