KTEX Elevation Issue

Dan DeBartolo

Hello everyone,

I have read the KTEX manual, and am still having an elevation issue, with terrain 'walls' on one side, and floating objects around the runway.  I do have FTX Vector installed and enabled.  I have selected 'FTX Vector Installed' from the KTEX Complexity Settings menu, and am still experiencing the issue.  Sim is P3D v3.2 and screenshots are below.

I have submitted a diagnostic reporter: ota5b1e44f0187c0ba18fea31c98a9516b

FSS order number: FSS0474979

Thanks,

Dan

SS1_KTEX.jpg

SS2_KTEX.jpg

KTEXsettings.jpg

hi, i'm having the same issue, it looks similar to me as dan's screenshots, whether i turn the vector setting on or off (i also have vector installed.) i tried with all 3 terrain model settings also. happens with hybrid or regular ftx enabled. my scenery settings match the suggestion in the manual also.. ..there must be something else odd going on with our installs.

i also checked the vector tool, it didn't make a difference either but that is not surprising as there is no entry for KTEX in the enabled or disabled list there.

did a fresh library install also..

edit: one other possible clue..it actually looked somewhat normal to me on approach and only started popping the odd terracing when i got pretty close to the field.. it always is there when i load in at the field though.. will try another landing later when i get a chance...

cheers

-andy crosby

FSX-SE

FSS0475448

5 minutes ago, Dan DeBartolo said:

I opened the tool but did not run the auto-config.  I did notice that KTEX is not listed in either the enabled nor disabled lists.

I don't think it will be on the list if you don't run the tool and allow it to scan for it.....Always run the tool after every scenery addition or change...

Hi guys, 

These are indicative that your Objecflow dll is not activated correctly. FTX-C v2 will let you know if you need to update this file; if it is up-to-date and still not displaying, try the following:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exe to open it.

2. Click on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. Restart FSX/P3D (don't forget to select "OK" if a security prompt shows up during the startup screen), and see if that solves the problem.

If that doesn't solve the problem, it may be worth exploring your dll.xml a little further to make sure something hasn't corrupted it - if you haven't already, have a read of this topic

Cheers,

Jarrad

17 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, 

These are indicative that your Objecflow dll is not activated correctly. FTX-C v2 will let you know if you need to update this file; if it is up-to-date and still not displaying, try the following:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exe to open it.

2. Click on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. Restart FSX/P3D (don't forget to select "OK" if a security prompt shows up during the startup screen), and see if that solves the problem.

If that doesn't solve the problem, it may be worth exploring your dll.xml a little further to make sure something hasn't corrupted it - if you haven't already, have a read of this topic

Cheers,

Jarrad

The ObjectFlow module reinstall did it!  Thanks for your help, I love your work and can't wait to start flying in and out of Telluride.

Dan

unfortunately running the module installer did not seem to change anything for me.

i looked at my dll.xml and it doesn't look like there are any corrupted or missing parts.

(i attached it below maybe i am overlooking something obvious?)

i also tried removing the objectflow.dll file and running orbx libraries installer again. the file that got reinstalled looked to have the same date and size though.

as an experiment i also tried temporarily removing the objectflow_YMML.dll entry from the dll.xml but that didn't seem to affect things either.

any other ideas to try?

thanks!

cheers

-andy crosby

dll.xml

ktex terrace.jpg

G'day Andy, 

Thanks for the info and copy of your dll.xml. Could you do me a favour and just check a couple of other airports to 100% verify this is an Objecflow problem? A couple of items you can cross-check that rely on Objectflow - let us know if these items are missing:

1. KEGE - Runway & taxiway edge lights at night

2. KJAC (v1.1 only) - Grass on edge of runway

3. Sedona Airport - Runway & taxiway edge lights. 

Let me know your results. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

hi jarrad

at KSEZ and KEGE there are light poles there, i don't know if that is what they are supposed to look like.

i'm not seeing any grass at KJAC but i'm not certain i am looking in the right spot.

attached some pics.

is it possible that my objectflow.dll is the wrong version or something? it is dated 9/8/2015 5:58am with a size of 432kb. i'm using fsx-se.

cheers,

-andy crosby

kege-night.jpg

kege-day.jpg

kjac-day.jpg

kjac-day2.jpg

ksez-night.jpg

ksez-day.jpg

hmm, i was looking at another thread about devil's tower gone missing and i checked that mine has disappeared there as well. seems that objectflow has stopped working for this other chap as well. perhaps it's related. i wish i had been paying more attention to determine the exact time/day it stopped..

cheers

-andy crosby

another possible clue: looking at objectflow.log

i believe this scenery.cfg path is incorrect! i do not know where this is configured. it should just be \FSX\ as i only have fsx-se installed on this system (i belive the fsx-se should only exist if i have both installed. which i did like a year and a half ago but removed my old standard fsx shortly after that and reinstalled the steam version..) i have a bad feeling that there is something wonky still hanging in teh registry that is fooling with these installers. i recently installed the seychelles scenery from fsdg and it seemed ot make changes to the scenery.cfg in this path as well

======

Module started: 2016-04-13 21:04:15.573 
Module name: ObjectFlow.dll
FS type: 257
FS version: 10.0.62615.0
Module version: 1.0.10.3 / 1.0.10.1
Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

Placement XMLs found: 160

========

ObjectFlow.log

It looks as if you didn't find all the traces of FSX disk version.

Have a look at this topic and in particular the caution about what

to do with scenery already installed.

Here it is, just in case.

If you have already installed any products or scenery, before you start,

back up the contents of your 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

folders to another location.

OK, this may solve the problem.

My son had just bought KTEX and had the same problem. I messed about with it and read all the threads that may solve the problem, alas, no success.

Just by chance, I selected NA instead of Global and the problem went away. Shut down the sim and selected Global, and the problem is back.

The situation on my son's computer is repeatable.  So, before flying KTEX, I told him to select NA and all is good.

Hi All,

It's an objectflow.dll issue. In my FSX club we are a lot with this issue. No Devil Tower, no grass any more. Disappear suddenly. My friends have different configurations : FSX, FSX-SE, P3D, W7 or W8... same problem.

I tested all suggested idea, even by activating objectflow.dll only (without any other module even fsuipc) and only Devil Tower (I don't have KTEX). Nothing... Empty.

Good lock. Hopefully ORBX will solve the issue.

Cheers

On 4/15/2016 at 9:04 AM, Nick Cooper said:

It looks as if you didn't find all the traces of FSX disk version.

Have a look at this topic and in particular the caution about what

to do with scenery already installed.

i examined this unfortunately the registry key for coexisting installs was already set to 0.

i cleaned out a few suspicious fsx-looking registry entries. it looked like the module installer still insists to create the objectflow.dll link in the fsx-se folder even if i remove the folder. but the entry was also already in the correct dll.xml .. after removing the fsx-se folder and the fsx one i could confirm that it fsx would re-create the fsx folder only.

anyway after that bit of surgery my objectflow came back. i see grass at KJAC and devils tower is there.

unfortunately the terracing issue remains with KTEX . i really have no idea what is going on. i tried ftx, hyrbid, and north america mode and no difference between them (i don't think there really should be either, that seems like an unusual solution..)

one thing to note is that the end of the runway does look like it has some custom terrain modeling working.. the terracing seems mainly around the buildings..not sure if that matters.. it won't let me upload the screenshots of this that i took after getting objectflow working... it says a 4mb limit even tho they are 100k jpgs? anyway lol thanks

diagnostic reporter is here in case that is useful:

otdd9610e6e3e47c1c39455fa25722c86e

cheers

-andy crosby

ah here is another interesting tidbit, even with clearing everything out, objectflow.log shows unsual stuff

KTEX is not listed in the entries at all.

and it does seem to want the wrong scenery.cfg file again

===

Module started: 2016-04-16 14:58:13.528 
Module name: ObjectFlow.dll
FS type: 257
FS version: 10.0.62615.0
Module version: 1.0.10.3 / 1.0.10.1
Scenery.cfg: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg

======

if that directory should not exist, which registry key exactly is objectflow using to look for that?

i did have a directory with that name for some reason but it's last edit was many months ago. i am moving it to see what happens without it

ok i think that identified the issue. it works fine now. i think if it finds the FSX-SE directory, even if it is unused by the sim, it assumes that it is there for a reason. i believe the uninstaller did not remove the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE directory so it was just hanging out there even though most of the edits and changes it was making were in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX  directory.

it is all quite mysterious as to if somethng else changed where that structure would matter? 

anyway at least it is solved!!!

cheers

-andy crosby

• 4 weeks later...

I also started to suffer with elevation problems at KTEX, i.e. stepped hillsides, floating scenery objects, tried many different solutions...manual update of the objectflow module, checking that the dll.xml file was ok, reinstall KTEX, search for wayward BGL files, mesh settings, etc etc.....

and then in desperation I deleted the sharers folder and guess what....it worked, scenery back in all its magnificent glory...No ide why the shaders needed to be rebuilt, or whether the problem will re-occur...but all is well at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Archived