Accidently Flushed Scenery Indexes

muay

Hi,

please excuse me if this query has already been dealt with... I assume that I am not the first to have mistakenly done this, however I cannot seem to find on the forum, evidence to support this.

I have daftly, without thinking, tapped the "Flush Scenery Indexes" menu bar in FTX Central.

This has now caused the scenery within FSX to look washed out and not at all as good as it had done so prior to me initiating this action.

Is there a simple/fix to this issue?

Kind regards

Jason

I don't believe that I have purchased "Vector" unless I am mistaken. 

I have however purchased FTX: Global BASE. 

That order number is... 

#FSS0332327

Will this knowledge assist? 

Kind regards

Jason

14 hours ago, muay said:

Hi,

please excuse me if this query has already been dealt with... I assume that I am not the first to have mistakenly done this, however I cannot seem to find on the forum, evidence to support this.

I have daftly, without thinking, tapped the "Flush Scenery Indexes" menu bar in FTX Central.

This has now caused the scenery within FSX to look washed out and not at all as good as it had done so prior to me initiating this action.

Is there a simple/fix to this issue?

Kind regards

Jason

Hi,

I have just had a look in my FTX Central V2 and I can't find the option to flush the scenery indexes.  Do You have V2 of FTX Central installed?.  I do remember this tool from the older versions of FTX Central, but haven't seen it for quite a while.  This being the case I usually flush my scenery indexes manually.  It's not something I do regularly, but every now and then I just delete the files in the "SceneryIndexes" folder.  I can't understand how this has hurt your installation.  It is usually a pretty safe practice.

That being said I am no expert on the matter so you may even be better off posting this query in the support section just to get a more informed response from a developer or moderator.  It may help if when you do post again, here or there, to include a screen shot of affected areas or textures.  You can use this site to upload screenshots:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Good luck.

Cheers,

17 hours ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Geezer, you only need 1 order number to be shown to get support for any other scenery. From what I am seeing Jason has quite a few ORBX products and I cannot see anything in his post relating to Vector.

I stand corrected.  But at the time I posted, didn't see any order number at all. 

Thanks Pat, Geezer, Scott and JJ. To be honest, I may very well be imagining that the sim looks different, simply because after I clicked on the "Flush Scenery Indexes" tab (which was genuinely a slip of the finger whilst hovering the cursor over the tab) I probably expected that this action must have messed up the textures etc, etc... The mind is a powerful tool!

I will ask in the support forums if what I have done is or has been detrimental to the FSX experience.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to this thread.

Hi J,

there's no detrimental effect to flushing the scenery index files, in fact it's a tool to help resolve "sticky" issues with the scenery library. Essentially, it's the same step as clicking OK in the scenery library menu, except you start with a clean slate so you can be sure that the index files for each of your scenery library entries are created correctly from scratch. With FS9 it used to be something that most users needed to do once in a while but FSX and P3D are much better in managing their index files so we just have it in FTX Central as a diagnostic option.

Either way, this process does not alter scenery.cfg itself or any other cfg files or settings meaning whatever texture/display issues you may have are not related to it.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, 

Thank you for setting me straight. 

I have been trying new scenery settings and so forth and mistakenly assumed that I had attempted a rather taboo action by flushing the scenery indexes. My knowledge of the working parts of FSX, while understanding a lot more than I once did, is still very limited at best. 

I had a feeling that it was all in my head. 

Thanks again. 

J

Archived