YMML texture

Jon Clarke

Please take a look at the link for a pic of the very white texture around the terminal and aprons at YMML v200 for P2D which i have just installed and followed all install procedures.

Doesn't look right to me, it's way too white. I also reloaded the scenery while at the airport and it still came out this colour.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GNHY

Edit, if you use the embed code

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/04/12/YMMLtexture.jpg

instead of the page, the shot can be seen, thus.

YMMLtexture.jpg

I had posted a query regarding the textures of the apron area being all white and noted it was resolved. Well it isn't ! The textures sometimes appear OK but only after reloading and then not always.

The second problem i have is that planes are stuck on hold just by the runway and never take off. They then disappear because of time constraints.

This is a problem that was very similar to Dublin airport in FTX IRL where planes never took off and remained On Hold. There was a fix issued for that as I recall. I use MT6 and have removed the MT6 afcad to see if that helps but to no avail.

So to summarise. The textures are not what they should be. The planes never takeoff.

Help requested please.

Thanks.

The textures is how P3D handles the dynamic lighting of photoreal, which is the apron at YMML is. It's something that is bugging the developers and you will see that with Jarrad's latest release, KTEX, he addresses it with a control panel to allow how his model interacts with the changing light conditions of the photoreal. Another factor as is how addons such as REX influence these conditions with different sky textures. 

Maybe experiment with different HDR bloom settings?

With AI there could be a couple of reasons. You mention using MT6, make sure that it does not have a AFCAD file active for YMML as the AFCAD provided with YMML does not have this problem. Search for YMML outside of the Orbx folder to detect this AFCAD file. 

Another reason is that with high traffic settings, planes will hold due to inbound traffic or traffic on the runway. That is the only time I have observed aircraft disappearing (using WOAI here but I don't think that matters).  

My P3Dv3 AI works fine at YMML. I just ran a test with 100% airliners + 100% GA. Killed my framerate, but the traffic queued up and took off in a nice orderly fashion!

I no longer use any AI package - as Holger's AI (for Oceania and PNW) is *brilliant*.

So ... looks like MT6  (and associated AFCADs) may be your problem.

Adam.

Thanks for your responses. I will try changing lighting. I do not have HDR active but I do have some REX sky textures in use.

Ed: in my post I had mentioned that I had removed the MT6 afcad (BR2_YMML) so there should not be a clash, and also there was no inbound notifications nor inbound chat on ATC in all the tests. I thought at first that there was inbound but no ai labels appeared in the distance ( I think the range of ai labels appearing in type on the screen is about 9 miles) I am also aware of the "seasons" problem regarding some textures in AU sp4. I will test further regarding lighting, but have done all I can think of regarding Afcad clashes.

Adam: I tried using the AUS ai program and had it at 100% and only had about 4 planes ! I know that the activity varies according to time of day and days of the week. I used AIFP to look at the timetable for YMML and it is not that busy. I wonder why it brought your sim to it's knees? What day, time and season did you use in your test?

45 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Adam: I tried using the AUS ai program and had it at 100% and only had about 4 planes ! I know that the activity varies according to time of day and days of the week. I used AIFP to look at the timetable for YMML and it is not that busy. I wonder why it brought your sim to it's knees? What day, time and season did you use in your test?

It was the current day (ie. 13 Apr) - but mid morning, I think. I got way over a dozen aircraft moving around on the ground - plus a fair few more on approach etc. I use OPUS - which has a map function that shows all the AI in the area. There was a lot!!

YMML is a bit painful on my mediochre/slow system anyway (always was) so the extra test traffic really hurt!

Adam.

I just noticed that in my AU traffic config in Central i had unticked the International section. Ticked it and have a lot more traffic. I have disabled MT6 for AU & NZ sceneries.

Thanks Adam. I will persevere with lighting tests. If it fails i may just uninstall YMML if it continues to have problems I can't resolve. I don't go there often anyway. It was because I belatedly installed the P3D version I thought I would see what it was like.

Archived