Suggestion: FTX Freeware Demo Bahamas

Spartan0536

Hello ORBX Users....

I have purchased a few FTX regions and airports from ORBX over the years and I love the attention to detail, in fact I believe that is what makes ORBX so popular. I have seen the Iceland demo and have it on my machine as well, and the PNW demo is what sold me on my first FTX regions.

I would like to suggest an entire FTX Demo like that just covering the Bahamas, with MYNN (Nassau Lynden Pindling International), MYGF (Freeport International), and MYEF (Great Exuma International) not being covered but offered as Payware extensions.

What would be covered is custom accurate waterclass and landclass with FTX lighting showcasing the latest in ORBX technology in a Caribbean setting. The other smaller airports would be covered in traditional ORBX region detail. Only MYNN has recently and really at all had any payware development for the Bahamas and currently GEX+UTX owns the "market" for anything in the Caribbean for landclass/waterclass.

Below is a screen snip of the Bahamas Territory, while it looks like a massive undertaking, portions of it in many areas is deep water and would require no effort as default blue water would suffice. The landmass areas are all quite small, and this would be a perfect vacation spot to cover with many tiny runways which ORBX seems to specialize in more than any other company.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.

Bahamas Territory.JPG

An interesting strategy to get a free Bahamas. OrbX already have Iceland and some locations such as Yosemite as free samples.

These areas enable customers to decide if OrbX products are worth their weight in gold, which they are.

I think OrbX should focus on what sells best, its not a charity organisation

Correct we're not a charity. We will soon have quad installers ready for Icleand, Tasmania and the Olympic Peninsula free demos; those areas alone are larger than many entire countries in the world and with three different climates, so we think that's going to give people a good idea of what to expect.

I've suggested pay ware Caribbean region before.  I think it would be a bestseller and there would be some nice smaller pay ware airports to add. Frames would be friendly as there aren't a lot of metro areas.

9 minutes ago, aujeffk said:

I've suggested pay ware Caribbean region before.  I think it would be a bestseller and there would be some nice smaller pay ware airports to add. Frames would be friendly as there aren't a lot of metro areas.

I would love this.  It is just meant to be.

It might not be large enough to be a full on FTX region (although pretty close) but it could easily pass for a Ken & Tim adventure region.

islands sceneries have maximum potential for use graphical things like colors(high resolution textures), high definition objects, high resolution of mesh etc. so this just can not to be freeware ever, i think freeware ports just have to be in the very complicated scenes as big city between complicated airports, so they just have to be simple, for save resource, opposite - small square's islands, i really would like freeware lexus, but freeware only army jeep:(

i just user, so i can misbelieve

+1 for The Bahamas (and Florida too). But it should be payware - these guys work really hard and are the best at what they do and should be properly compensated. But, as JV noted, Open LC USA/Mexico will upgrade these areas. Not sure if there would be enough interest/sales for a full flat region for this part of the world, as much as I would like to see it.

On 4/12/2016 at 8:53 PM, JohnE77 said:

+1 for The Bahamas (and Florida too). But it should be payware - these guys work really hard and are the best at what they do and should be properly compensated. But, as JV noted, Open LC USA/Mexico will upgrade these areas. Not sure if there would be enough interest/sales for a full flat region for this part of the world, as much as I would like to see it.

That was my initial thought is that Florida and the Bahamas are relatively flat, minus some hills in central and north Florida. However it would be the custom waterclass which would set it apart from anything else they have done yet!

LatinVFR's KEYW V2's custom waterclass is absolutely astounding and its immersion factor is amazing. You never really appreciate just how much waterclass matters to coastal airports until you see what it should look like, and the Bahamas are quite known for some amazing scenery despite being flat.

Again I would be fine with this being payware, especially if they covered all of the other airports minus the major 3 as FTX detailed airports and then the other 3 would be payware addons from them, similar in fashion to their CRM area.

Hi Folks,

Speaking from an East Coast GA guys perspective - the Bahamas are like Mecca - it's the holy grail for us... Close enough for short overwater flights in SEL's to exotic islands off the beaten path... It's my number one goal to attain in my real world flying career which I've yet to accomplish... I think an ORBX Bahamas package would be a match made in heaven... I flew the heck out of the region in FS9 with Freeflow... Plenty of FL airports already made to launch from... Extremely high on my wish list ! I wouldn't expect it to be free...

Yeah - I think LatinVFR is a bit underrated as a developer - their KEYW is one of my favorite destinations - it's truly beautiful - been flying there for years...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived