Objectflow. Am i the only one...

Edit: Alberto, it looks like ObjectFlow still hasn't yet been updated for 3.2.  I ran ObjectFlowUpdate.exe, and it didn't update my ObjectFlow dlls.

Check your dll.xml to find out whether you have active ObjectFlow definitions in it.

2 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

not having this issue after updating to P3Dv 3.2?

You probably never had it active.. ...that isn't good. So it's time to enable it after the update.

The line is in your %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>E:\Games\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Pay attention to the Disable line, that should be false.

Guys , i can t wait to try 3.2      please tell me what would happen if i update and don t run object flow when prompted :

- will i only miss some grass , people and objects moving and have just a few wrong buildings, but the right ground textures ?

if ti is only this i would update to 3.2  waiting for the object flow

BUT

if it s more risky than that i will still wait

please tell me

Yes, you will mostly miss out on vegetation, windsocks and peopleflow. On airports like ESSA and ENNO, you will not see see terminal buildings either, since they are using a little different technique.

The new OF should be out soon, so maybe wait a week if you think about flying to into orbx airports? : )

Finn

1 minute ago, Finni Hansen said:

Yes, you will mostly miss out on vegetation, windsocks and peopleflow. On airports like ESSA and ENNO, you will not see see terminal buildings either, since they are using a little different technique.

The new OF should be out soon, so maybe wait a week if you think about flying to into orbx airports? : )

Finn

thank you.  i just run out of patience. classic vice eh.  and as you can se in my signature, i have a lots of LCs and Regions, but only AYPY as ORBX airport (and freeware ones)
i don t think i can help waiting very longer lol ,   i just must be sure everything will be fine when new OF comes and that i will not regret (will i be prompted even if i selected DONT RUN before ? etc etc etc

I've been waiting patiently so far, but was in hope ORBX would get that module out in time for the weekend. I agree, it would be really kind to get a rough timescale (days? weeks? months?) to make an educated decision - update now without objectflow or just wait a little longer.

Thank you very much and

kind regards, Michael

I'm doing a clean install of P3D v3.2. Can I install ORBX stuff (global, vector, regions, airports, hd trees) and just disable objectflow or should I wait? It's a lot of stuff and I'd like to have everything ready when the dll is updated but I'll wait if the installation can get messed up?

5 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Was just about to ask if you guys have a rough ETA for a P3Dv3.2.3 compatible ObjectFlow module but guess I already got my answer...about a week meaning by next weekend or so?

I asked the same.. and instead of replying with an ETA they closed the thread saying: "when it's ready" .. the guys here must have forgot how much they are pricing their stuff, and that hundred euros I spent on it didn't grown on trees.

A gently and detailed reply like: "Sorry guys, we have encountered this issues [explaining the issue in the details], so you should expect a new library [specifying the day]..." apparently is asking too much for a paying customer.

I didn't asked for it just because i'm impatient, but because I have to leave for Asia next Monday and I wanted to leave the installation working 100% before leaving (P3D + ASN + REX + ORBX).

Now I understand why there's people out there finding alternate ways to obtain this stuff.. it must be because being a legit customer or not doesn't make much difference.

18 hours ago, DesertPilot said:

Also, can you post a valid FSS order number, as described here:

Why should he have to post a valid FSS number? He is not asking for support, but just saying that he has got NO problems with Object Flow.

FSUIPC was updated to version 3.2 a few hours after launch , ASN , OpusFSI , PMDG longer work, Orbx is not able to update a single .dll module within a week, very poor customer service .

I think the thing is it's a very important dll used in many of the products so I guess there's lots of things that need to be tested but I too was honestly hoping to see the updated version by now and especially if Orbx had access to the new version of P3D before it was made GA. 

I just did a full reinstall of P3D v3.2, PNW, 7S3 and S45. The installers didn't add the objectflow module to the dll.xml at all. Is this normal? The file is present in the appropriate directory.

That latest installers do not come pre-packaged with ObjectFlow. ObjectFlow is installed by the Orbx libraries and should only have one dll.xml entry in Prepar3D installs.

There are no technical delays to announce. You should expect an update shortly, it will be announced when it is ready.

Considering we now support five simulation platforms, each with rolling updates to integrate new features and provide compatibility at the same cost as FSX-only products were, I don't really see the "very poor customer service".

Archived