Gibraltar is a mess.

Jon Clarke

I was not sure in to which forum the topic of Gibraltar should go so i am putting it here on the assumption that it fits in with Open LC EU.

My observations at Gibraltar are the houses/buildings are occupying the Rock which is not correct and many of the buildings are either floating or hanging off the Rock. No matter what i do i cannot get the Rock clean of autogen buildings. Is there a way i can achieve this as the way it looks now is terrible. I have Open LC, Global and vector active at the time.

I have not flown out of Gibraltar with Global/Vector/OpenLC, but unlike a full fat region or airport add-on, I don't think it's meant to be a spot on recreation of that area.  You may want to look into a separate add-on for that airport/area.

16 minutes ago, Chunk said:

but unlike a full fat region or airport add-on, I don't think it's meant to be a spot on recreation of that area

I partly agree with that but is not placing rural textures on that cliff the solution?

ORBX says all LC is manually placed so maybe this one is overlooked or the cliff is located within an urban tile.

just had a look, Im quite surprised as to how good it is. I have the same EU region with global and vector with no floating and buildings where they should be. I did do a vector auto config for elevations maybe this is what is required. you can find it in the Orbx vector folder and adobe reader for more info if thats any help.   good luck

8 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I was not sure in to which forum the topic of Gibraltar should go so i am putting it here on the assumption that it fits in with Open LC EU.

My observations at Gibraltar are the houses/buildings are occupying the Rock which is not correct and many of the buildings are either floating or hanging off the Rock. No matter what i do i cannot get the Rock clean of autogen buildings. Is there a way i can achieve this as the way it looks now is terrible. I have Open LC, Global and vector active at the time.

Hi

Here are some screengrabs of my Orbx Gibraltar with FTX Global/FTX Vector and openLC Europe installed. As Roger says, I think you should run your Global Vector Configuration Tool and make sure also that you have the latest libraries installed. Checking that your Library Insertion Points are also OK would also be a good idea.

Best of luck

Kind regards

Ian

ScreenShot02-10-16at06.06PM.jpg
ScreenShot02-10-16at06.04PM.jpg
ScreenShot02-10-16at06.04PM001.jpg
ScreenShot02-10-16at06.05PM001.jpg
ScreenShot02-10-16at06.05PM.jpg

I thought bvdboomen originally said that there should be no buildings at all on the rock itself? I don't know how remove them from the rock. The Vector configurator tool will make them stop floating, but not remove them.

30 minutes ago, Chunk said:

I thought bvdboomen originally said that there should be no buildings at all on the rock itself?

That was indeed what I ment. Google "gibraltar rock" and watch the photographs.

Stillwater has a good point. If we want the rock right, then a higher detail add-on is required but there's nothing wrong with placing a Switzerland like texture over the rock if that is possible within the limitations of the sims.

Thanks for your inputs. @spud, the area i am talking about where I have buildings hanging is on the main and highest area of the Rock, which by looking at the Google link you gave me shows no buildings. The attached pic shows where i mean. You can clearly see the main rock creates a shadow but the rock itself does not have buildings. I will try the options given in the replies above and see if it gives a better rendition. Thanks for your assistance.

The Rock.JPG

Archived