My Comparison Shots at ENNO Notodden

FLighT

Love Norway! Some quick screenies, decided to go with fall season for these shots for that extra splash of color. Maybe next time I'll mix the seasons up. The first shot of each pair below is FTX EU Norway with Vector. The second shot is ENNO added to it.

2016-1-30_6-44-40-299.jpg

2016-1-30_7-41-54-650.jpg

2016-1-30_6-45-41-275.jpg

2016-1-30_7-42-35-827.jpg

2016-1-30_6-47-35-151.jpg

2016-1-30_7-43-18-527.jpg

2016-1-30_6-51-41-912.jpg

2016-1-30_7-43-59-98.jpg

On a side note, I made the purchase and DL about 6:30AM here in Eastern Standard Time US. I used the CDN2 option and got the whole 468 MB in like under 40 seconds. That's got to be a record for me with FSS. I've gotten speeds up to 10M MB/sec on some past DL's but this one was blazing fast.

Well, I seem to have run into a technical issue. In order to do before and after shots comparing default Orbx FTX Norway Region Pack ENNO with the ENNO AP addon I would have to completely uninstall / reinstall ENNO. Apparently just unchecking ENNO AP in the scenery library will not get me back to default Orbx FTX Norway Region Pack ENNO. Note: just rechecking ENNO in the scenery library doesn't get me back to where I was either.  Exiting FSX and re-running the Vector Tool and reapplying current libs (160201 just released) seems to get me back to where I was. But I still took some shots that I'll post anyway that caught my attention as I recall posts, from time to time, where folks talked about "trees on runway" and "no buildings showing". Might be a help to some.

These first 2 shots show FSX with ENNO installed but unchecked in the scenery library, trees and houses everywhere.

2016-2-5_7-8-34-624.jpg

2016-2-5_7-10-10-636.jpg

This second pair is with ENNO rechecked and added back in the scenery library, trees are gone from the runway but so are all buildings.

2016-2-5_7-13-13-886.jpg

2016-2-5_7-12-26-982.jpg

This third set was taken after exiting FSX, starting FTX Central and re-running the Vector Tool and reapplying the current libs. I seem to be back to where I was.

2016-2-5_7-21-28-491.jpg

2016-2-5_7-22-31-712.jpg

This shot shows nicely feathered snow along the runway edges and sharp edges along taxi and parking areas.

Exactly what I would expect, turbulence created by plane props and wings on landing and taking off would tend to swirl the snow along runway edges.

Plowed edges along taxi ways and parking areas would remain much sharper and distinct, a nice detail. I noticed also the gentle slopes off either edge of the runway use a slightly different looking texture, another nice detail.

2016-2-5_7-45-11-522.jpg

And for comparison, a summer shot showing the thickness of the asphalt above the surrounding ground and with base gravel sidings blending into the grass.

2016-2-5_7-46-14-877.jpg

Here's another shot showing detailed summer edges.

2016-2-5_7-59-42-944.jpg

I could have done the uninstall / reinstall bit but I always worry about getting back to where I was before I started screwing around with stuff like this, but that's just me.

I'll have to remember in the future to take some close up shots before installing new addons like ENNO.

Hi there, Flight!

VERY nice comparisons! Both default vs orbx and the summer vs winter shots!

Regarding the reinstall issue: When ENNO is innstalled, the FTX NOR version of the airport is turned to OFF. I don't know if cycling through global and back to NOR will re-enable them. If not, you can always go into the folder and change their name back from .OFF to .BGL :)

The following 3 files are affected:

ORBX/FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY/Scenery/ADE_FTX_NOR_ENNO.BGL

ORBX/FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY/Scenery/ADE_FTX_NOR_ENNO_CVX.BGL

ORBX/FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY/Scenery/FTX_NOR_ENNO_objects.BGL

- Finn

Okay, just checked this morning, all 3 files were set to .OFF so I believe all is well again.

I never did the switch to Global and back to Norway in FTX Central before or after installing ENNO as I was already in Norway when I install ENNO and never left that setting. I don't know how running the Vector Tool followed by the libs could repair the issues in my above shots, but it did, so no worries.

By the way, what's your next project, or is that classified?

Archived