VH-KDK

Re installed the Otter today after reading a post on how to make it closer on the monitor while keeping the background in focus.

Simple just press Ctrl + or -.

So started up, nah too smooth a sounding engine. Listened  on good old YouTube and decided to fit it with the IRIS soundworks P&WR-2800.

If you don't mind umpire that sounds way better!

SO off from Jacksons to find one of those little bush strips up in the mountains.

1.am1.jpg

Setting off for Manari with cargo and passengers.

2.am2.jpg

I haven't told them I have never tried landing this beastie before.

3.am3.jpg

Good thing there are plenty of  barf bags, it is very lumpy up here.

4.am4.jpg

Sunrise, just hope we are all alive to see the sunset tonight.

5.am5.jpg

Manari, shall try a landing from the south.

6.am6.jpg

Too steep an approach and as I shall find out soon not the way to do it.

7.am7.jpg

8.am8.jpg

A very tight turn and now losing height.

9.am9.jpg

10.am10.jpg

Almost there and keeping an eye on the speed and height.

11.am11.jpg

Plopped it into the long grass a tad short.

12.am12.jpg

Going uphill, definitely my first attempt would not have been a good idea.

14.am14.jpg
Parked up and ready for the next flight.

I enjoyed that immensely, a wonderful plane and excellent scenery. Always forget to come to PNG but glad I made it today.

I really did get lost in the environment with your commentary.  It took me there to the adventure.  It is very well written.

The snaps are amazing and thank you for the tip but Ctrl + or Ctrl - isn't working.  It does work with + and - but Ctrl +/- no go.  Please advise

Where does one find this bird?

32 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

I really did get lost in the environment with your commentary.  It took me there to the adventure.  It is very well written.

The snaps are amazing and thank you for the tip but Ctrl + or Ctrl - isn't working.  It does work with + and - but Ctrl +/- no go.  Please advise

Where does one find this bird?

Thanks Airwolf, glad you enjoyed the post.

This is the Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter which is the typical Virtualcol fare. Plenty of liveries, plane reasonable quality and not expensive. I have most of Virtualcol stuff and I swear by it. A2A it ain't but I think they are great value for money. You can buy it at  the FSS.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=56&products_id=3456

Now to alter the planes size.

OK, I do have it right. Hold down Ctrl and at the same time hold "-" to get closer and "+" to make the plane smaller. It does not happen real fast so if you just do one press of the - or + at a time very little will happen. I was confused at first as I thought + would have to make it bigger but not so.

47 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Airwolf, glad you enjoyed the post.

This is the Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter which is the typical Virtualcol fare. Plenty of liveries, plane reasonable quality and not expensive. I have most of Virtualcol stuff and I swear by it. A2A it ain't but I think they are great value for money. You can buy it at  the FSS.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=56&products_id=3456

Now to alter the planes size.

OK, I do have it right. Hold down Ctrl and at the same time hold "-" to get closer and "+" to make the plane smaller. It does not happen real fast so if you just do one press of the - or + at a time very little will happen. I was confused at first as I thought + would have to make it bigger but not so.

This is one of the coolest tricks ever.  I can now improve my screenshots.  Very grateful that you shared this feature.  All this time I never knew.

4 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

This is one of the coolest tricks ever.  I can now improve my screenshots.  Very grateful that you shared this feature.  All this time I never knew.

Adds a whole new dimension to the screenies. Just browsing through the forums it is incredible what you can find. We are so lucky to have all this info at hand and also the folks that have so much knowledge and are willing to share it with us.

Really great set of shots, cheers as always!

Another zooming trick I use is to zoom right out, then back in one or two steps (-/+ key) , then hold Control and press Enter/Backspace to move my head forwards or backwards, results in crisp textures, nice cockpit

I'm a tall chap too, so I always add a bit of height too.. holding Shift and pressing Enter

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Tim Harris said:

Really great set of shots, cheers as always!

Another zooming trick I use is to zoom right out, then back in one or two steps (-/+ key) , then hold Control and press Enter/Backspace to move my head forwards or backwards, results in crisp textures, nice cockpit

I'm a tall chap too, so I always add a bit of height too.. holding Shift and pressing Enter

Cheers Tim, thanks for the tip and a bigger thanks for this wonderful scenery.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:44 PM, Voyager said:

Nice shots indeed!

Voyager

Thanks Voyager.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:57 PM, RJ said:

Didn't know some of the these tricks. Great trip with great images. :)

Cheers RJ, all I have to do now is remember these tips we hear about.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, dolf8857 said:

Awesome set!

Thanks Dolf.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:32 AM, Ken Hall said:

Very nice set, loved the narration, glad you arrived safe

cheers

Ken

Thank you Ken, I lived to fly another day.

23 hours ago, BradB said:

Fabulous shots Martyn !! .

Cheers

John

Cheers John.

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Landed safely! Congrats!

Greetings,

Bermuda425

Thanks Bermuda, I was very happy considering it was my first landing in the Otter.

Many thanks Guys for your great comments.

Archived