Remember this, if you use MyTraffic 6

All of my recent P3Dv3 airports from Orbx crowd the ground, gates and parking with mis-placed static aircraft.

Go to your MyTrafficx/scenery folder.   In my case I had to remove the BRD ...bgls for KJAC, KEGE and YMML to return the parking landscape to normal.  Takes only a few seconds, I cut and pasted them into an external folder, ready to restore if necessary. The usual process of changing their suffix to bkup gave me an error message, but no harm is done by removing them all together.

YMML is a beauty, thank you Orbx.

I have removed all(!) airports scenery files form MTX scenery folder. Only left those which are needed for traffic. Found no disadvantage as I only fly from and to payware and some freeware airports.

Cheers,

Harry

On 1/27/2016 at 10:44 AM, Airwolf said:

I wish there was an easy to figure which airport needs disabling.  Is there a list of airports in the FTX areas which I can run the script and have all of them disabled.  I am sure AI will still fly

Thoughts?

Go to this link:   http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Download the free Airport Scanner.  Read the included Help File in the program.  Run it.  It will list all duplicate airport files in your flight sim installation.  At first you might get a bit confused because it may list ALL files with the 4-letter airport code in the file name.  In the case of finding duplicate MT6 files you don't need, the filename will include the BR2 BGL reference in the above posts.

If you find any BR2 files listed, it should mean (and show you the names of) other SAME addon airport files are in your installation too, like an FTX airport file.  Delete (or move...your choice) the BR2 file to get it out of MT6.

11 hours ago, FalconAF said:

Go to this link:   http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Download the free Airport Scanner.  Read the included Help File in the program.  Run it.  It will list all duplicate airport files in your flight sim installation.  At first you might get a bit confused because it may list ALL files with the 4-letter airport code in the file name.  In the case of finding duplicate MT6 files you don't need, the filename will include the BR2 BGL reference in the above posts.

If you find any BR2 files listed, it should mean (and show you the names of) other SAME addon airport files are in your installation too, like an FTX airport file.  Delete (or move...your choice) the BR2 file to get it out of MT6.

Thank You FalconAF,  I greatly appreciate your suggestion.

I will look over this tool and try this approach later this weekend.

10 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I can't find a version of SAS that works with P3D v3. Can you help? When i run SAS it immediately says it cannot find any version of FS and will not allow any input into P3D Scenery cfg path section.

Hmmm.  I'm not using P3D yet, but the linked site in my post says it works with all versions of P3D.  You might try posting a question in their support area.

Archived