Meigs Field Memories

Benny

25 minutes ago, cabnz said:

Very cool :) And it's up on the FSS now :)

Good thing I came here before finishing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloading NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ben

35 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Curious, as it wasn't in the manual that I could find, what does the "Hard winter ground polygon" option do?

Thanks

It's for Prepar3D 2+ to enable the hard winter ground polygon. The FSX version auto-switches but that functionality is no longer with native Prepar3D ground polys.

For P3D 2+ enable it in hard winter and leave it set for any hard winter flying (November-February). Disable for other months, I would have liked to have done it automatic but so far I have not found a way. 

All other sims leave unchecked.

Yep remember this and the one before played on my BBC computer, which was just a wire frame and a spitfire, if you got to far from the parallel lines which represented the runway, you would never find your way home.. Ah those were the day's shame we had to wait so long for the ORBX's team to be born?

Just joking

Good work guy's still waiting for Redhill?

16 hours ago, Benny said:

Today....

2013-03-30_1638.png

Just to clarify, this was actually a rendition of a plan put forth for what Northerly Island might one day become rather than what it currently looks like.  Today, those little barrier islands on the right do not exist, nor do the trees.  Right now there is a central lagoon on the bottom part of the picture, some trails and prairie grassland, in addition to the concert venue.  This is very much still a work in progress.

BTW, I normally wouldn't include an image in a quote, but did so this time as it was relevant to the comments.

1 hour ago, lifendet said:

Whats the difference between this one and the one offered on FSX Steam? I see both are made by ORBX but price is a big difference.

The FSS release is a quad installer, has a much greater variety of people and aircraft, seasonal transitions like changing vegetation and a hard winter ground polygon, an option to use 2048px textures, a handful of new buildings around the park area, platforms in the tower and exterior balcony, AI traffic, and Vector compatibility and frozen lake options.

Both are the same at the core, just adjusted for our target users.

46 minutes ago, Benny said:

Sorry you are right, i think it look like that????:

Yep, that's pretty much the current state right now.  And no worries - just thought folks might be interested to know where things stand in the continuing saga of Meigs/Northerly Island.  It's a fascinating tale and very much a Chicago one, full of midnight bulldozers and political lies and paybacks.

Scott

56 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

The FSS release is a quad installer, has a much greater variety of people and aircraft, seasonal transitions like changing vegetation and a hard winter ground polygon, an option to use 2048px textures, a handful of new buildings around the park area, platforms in the tower and exterior balcony, AI traffic, and Vector compatibility and frozen lake options.

Both are the same at the core, just adjusted for our target users.

So the hard winter frozen see is in the option menu?

Ben

Archived