KRDD No Buildings, only photo scenery

Using the new Installer, I have no Buildings in the entire coverage area. They start to appear again at the boundary of FTX Northern California,

I've tried using Global in Hybrid Mode and Northern America as applied groups before starting P3D v3.0 with the same result, regardless of which option I choose.

Zb5IFkSKiixnbKTgXhgoIIAIG1zXoLNl35GIcPaW

Mdn2Yl0t6kgfNw5nKjlerdWLXYXCDZ7y8uIO002P

A0W5O7pcUtXGdy0xai4jD10gtagThVyFBRbCykhp

Anybody encountered the same issue?

Cheers,

Mark

Mark

This is a known issue that some of us suffer from in prepar3D.

Open the Scenery Library and move the KRDD entry one notch or two then save and get back in the sim, the buildings will be there. I had that problem in v2 and had it again this morning in v3. There were a couple of threads, some months back, and Jarrad could not replicate the problem on his machine.

Don't ask me why moving the entry works but it does :rolleyes: !

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Before anything else, did you run the latest Orblibs?

Yes, I have the latest Libs installed but will install the once more.

2 minutes ago, dominique said:

There were a couple of threads, some months back, and Jarrad could not replicate the problem on his machine.

Thanks for the tip.I know I "fixed" Sedona the same way explained by you in v2 as well. However this thime, I was hoping for a more official solution. But it might do the trick for the time being.

Thanks to both of you.

G'day Mark, let us know how you go with the suggestions offered - this is a very odd one. 

27 minutes ago, dominique said:

Open the Scenery Library and move the KRDD entry one notch or two then save and get back in the sim, the buildings will be there. I had that problem in v2 and had it again this morning in v3. There were a couple of threads, some months back, and Jarrad could not replicate the problem on his machine.

Hi Dominique,

One of our testers (thankfully) found he had the same problem as you guys during testing - we were able to fix his issue, I'd be interested to know if it fixed if for you too. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I think it's also always good cycling between groups in FTX Central 2: eg.,  selecting FTX Global  and applies; then selects the desired group and applies again.

This procedure will compel FTX Central 2 to review the settings. 

See this screenshot below: first, I checked if I was selected North America in FTX Central 2; next, I installed KRDD and then ran the latest Orbxlibs. If something did not run right, I'd do the above procedure. For me always work!

KRDD2016-1-21_11-45-46-813.jpg

Voyager

Hi Jarrad

First thanks for the conversion, appreciated.

When I entered the KRDD  for the first time, this morning, there were no building around or mock aircraft, so I used the old trick you taught us and it worked.  That maybe my fault because I was in the Global setting when the install took place but I had switched to NA and applied the choice before firing up P3D.

Hey guys

I also didn't choose the group North America before installing. Has not been an issue so far since the installers don't state that you should do so and open up FTX Central to apply the change. 

Reinstalling the Libs didn't do the trick. But by moving the scenery from here:

Ky-5qCZezQaFSNdi9w0N-XHMzMLmQCDft681TviL

to here:

57Y66npD7IB-A2CijsQNOXXOPyYhUzDDpweOB-KN

got it working, looking like this:

ivhfIupP-_4wyt2vwCv-VseKL8iMJhLQVtnf85si

Thanks for the advice guys.

@Jarrad: Hope you Devs will be able to narrow in to the cause of this behaviour at some point. When switching between regions or installing new scenery (which will happen a lot in the near future due to all the new P3Dv3 installers being published), I'm sure the order of the scenery will be alphabetical again and issue could reintroduced.

Cheers,
Mark

I have tried all of the above and installed the Libraries a second time and still do not have any buildings.  Just the ramp and the runway.  I do have a couple of static airliners but these may be from the P3D traffic.

Please help, this is one of my favorite airports in FSX but do not have anything in P3DV3.1.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

G'day guys,

This is very frustrating for all involved (including myself) - there is no tangible reason why this should be happening, and it appears to only be affecting a few users. For those having the problem, could I ask you to try the following test:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KRDD\Scenery folder

2. Rename the following files:

- Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl to Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl.OFF

- Benton_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl to Benton_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl.OFF

- 000_Redding_Bridges_Excludes.bgl to 000_Redding_Bridges_Excludes.bgl.OFF

Disabling these files will cause other visual anomalies at the airports, this is to be expected. The point of this test though, is to see whether these files are causing your exclusion problems. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

6 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day guys,

This is very frustrating for all involved (including myself) - there is no tangible reason why this should be happening, and it appears to only be affecting a few users. For those having the problem, could I ask you to try the following test:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KRDD\Scenery folder

2. Rename the following files:

- Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl to Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl.OFF

- Benton_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl to Benton_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl.OFF

- 000_Redding_Bridges_Excludes.bgl to 000_Redding_Bridges_Excludes.bgl.OFF

Disabling these files will cause other visual anomalies at the airports, this is to be expected. The point of this test though, is to see whether these files are causing your exclusion problems. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

This is not something that I can replicate at will. It happened twice, out of the blue, in v2 after a couple of months without visiting KRDD and yesterday after installing it into v3.1. Today, it shows all right. 

12 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Good one, thanks Mike. Could you re-introduce those three files individually, to see if we can narrow it down further? 

Cheers,

Jarrad

l will try this tonight and report back.

Mike

Jarrad,

I am having the same issue.  I did install with FTX Central set to North America first and then the airport and then the latest libraries. 

But Here is what I did to get the airports back.

I just went to P3Dv3 World Menu - Clicked on Scenery Library and when the scenery library shows up.  I just clicked OK only.  I did not change anything.  And then P3Dv3 started to scan scenery etc and low and behold KRDD shows up.

By the way, my sim always starts up in Scenario mode.

I have to run the scenery building option every time I run the sim and go into KRDD.  Something is creating the hang up.

Jarrad, can you look at this thread in Prepar3d forums.  It is some issue that Chris from nightenvironment discovered and Prepar3d Team did realize that there is a issue related to some bgl processing.

I don't know if this will thread will give you some insight or not.  I would love to see KRDD to be fixed.  It is wow what an amazing airport

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=116596

Thanks,

I've been following this thread as well the past few days and have also been having the same issue where KRDD isn't loading. Using GSX to see what the active airport file is as a test and it says it's using the default P3d file even though the library manager shows KRDD as being active it is not.

On 1/23/2016 at 0:34 PM, Mike62 said:

Jarred,

On my system it was the Redding APX Naked CVC file that was causing the problem.  So I set that one to off and enabled the other two for now.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Mike - that's great, narrows it down further. 

@Airwolf and @Dave_YVR - could you please try disabling the same file as Mike, and see if it this effects your results. 

4 hours ago, Airwolf said:

I don't know if this will thread will give you some insight or not.  I would love to see KRDD to be fixed.  It is wow what an amazing airport

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=116596

Thanks Airwolf for the link - I don't believe this is related to the KRDD issue. Our issue here is related to exclude files that don't behave correctly, not the object library files. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

12 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Thanks Airwolf for the link - I don't believe this is related to the KRDD issue. Our issue here is related to exclude files that don't behave correctly, not the object library files. 

Thanks for the update Jarrad but I do hope that thread is useful to Orbx team for other reasons b/c a bug for objects was discovered

But here is the crazy thing - Once P3Dv3 is started in Scenario mode and I pick up lower VAS consuming plane like a duke vs pmdg.  The scenery loads up with the duke but if I choose a pmdg then the scenery loads up flat and then I have to go to Scenery Library manager and click on OK to reload the scenery  - then the airport comes (as stated above)

Update:  Got another observation.  Very weird things are happening.  Sorry for dominating this thread with observations.

I loaded the sim with pmdg 737 on runaway 16 instead of choosing a parking spot during the scenario screen and low and behold all the objects of KRDD showed up at once.

Hi, I also have this problem. 

Turning off Redding APX Naked CVC fixed the problem for me but does introduce some anomalies like taxiway signs appearing in the middle of the taxiway.

Hope there is a fix for it. 

Thanks,

David

G'day guys,

@Airwolf - thanks again for the observations, I'm very interested to know if disabling Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl negates the issue totally for you. 

@bron3185 - thanks for the feedback, good to know it's the same file causing the issue for at least a few people. As I said earlier in this thread, removing this file is a test, not a fix. I'm away from my development computer (on holidays) until Friday, and will be able to have a further look at this file then. 

Cheers

15 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day guys,

@Airwolf - thanks again for the observations, I'm very interested to know if disabling Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl negates the issue totally for you. 

@bron3185 - thanks for the feedback, good to know it's the same file causing the issue for at least a few people. As I said earlier in this thread, removing this file is a test, not a fix. I'm away from my development computer (on holidays) until Friday, and will be able to have a further look at this file then. 

Cheers

Hey Jarrad,

Enjoy your vacation.  When you do come back - look at this pic with Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl disabled.  Yes, the airport does load up instantly but lot of things are duplicated and not aligned which is given as it is without a CVX file.

Here is the screenshot (in 4K)

Thanks,

Prepar3D2016-01-2521-03-15.jpg

Thanks Airwolf, that's great. The double-ups are intentional and expected, the purpose of this test is to 100% verify that it is this single file that causes the issue. 

On 1/22/2016 at 10:42 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi Jarrad,  just to confirm a finding from another post, if I load a scenario on the active runway all the buildings appear, I can then re-load at a GA parking spot  and everything still appears correctly.   Not sure if that helps troubleshoot the cause.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I realize this topic is marked as answered, but from what I can tell, the answer is "yep, there's something wrong.....".

I'm seeing new posts about this problem appear in the forums, so just thought I would comment here as well.

Had this problem with KRDD since I bought it at the end of 2014. It's the only ORBX product I have that doesn't work.

As it's a beautiful airport, so I hope this issue wasn't forgotten, as I would love to use KRDD on a regular basis again. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2016 at 11:17 PM, Penzoil3 said:

Define "Never Worked";  that's pretty vague. Didn't install,  didn't download, looks funky ? What ?

Photoreal is in place but not airport objects at all as related for several people on this topic, so full context are here on this discussion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2016 at 0:37 AM, Captain Z said:

I realize this topic is marked as answered, but from what I can tell, the answer is "yep, there's something wrong.....".

I'm seeing new posts about this problem appear in the forums, so just thought I would comment here as well.

Had this problem with KRDD since I bought it at the end of 2014. It's the only ORBX product I have that doesn't work.

As it's a beautiful airport, so I hope this issue wasn't forgotten, as I would love to use KRDD on a regular basis again. :)

Yes, this topic is marked "answered," but what's being done to get this topic "solved?" The developer confirms an issue with his product and provides a test (but not a fix.) And then nothing further.

Caveat emptor, but I was never able to evaluate the product before I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2016 at 6:14 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Thanks Airwolf, that's great. The double-ups are intentional and expected, the purpose of this test is to 100% verify that it is this single file that causes the issue. 

Jarrad,

Has this been fixed yet? Buying KRDD and then using the default AFCAD that comes with Orbx Northern California does not seem a "seamless integration" as the product description at FlightSim Store states.

I do admit that loading up P3D at KRDD and finding my plane out in the parking lot was funny at first. But 8 months into the "test" is just embarassing.

Hi guys, apologies for the delay in getting back to you all.

A request for some testing on some new files for this (neither myself or the team could replicate this issue during Quad testing). If you have experienced this problem, please try the following (if you don't have the issue - please don't try):

1. For P3D v2/v3 only. 

2. Go to your ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KRDD/scenery folder

3. Rename Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl to Redding_APX_Naked_CVC.bgl.original - this is your backup of the original should you wish to revert back to it. 

4. Download and unzip the attached file. Drop the 3 bgl files into ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KRDD/scenery. 

Try this out with a fresh flight at KRDD at report back the results. Make sure to create a new flight, don't load up a saved (previous) flight as this may give false positives. 

Fingers crossed, but if this doesn't work I have another potential option to try. 

Let me know how you go. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

KRDD_P3D_MissingBuildings.zip

I want to thank Nick and Jarrad for not letting this thread "and issue" fade away, and for following up with possible solutions.

I have been less active in the forums, and with my Flight Simming, because I've been busy helping with flood issues here in south LA.

I look forward to testing the latest fix as soon as I can, and will report back on if it works. Thanks again.

Archived