Old Topics

Dadtom65

Hi. I started to read the topic FTX Singapore and got pretty well through all the posts and nearly posted a reply after reading the boss Johns reply about Orbx not doing Germany and the like and then realised that the original post was done in 2014. Really  ? .Do we have to have old posts re submitted. Do we not have enough new posts without having to fill up with old ones.  Derek.

Only if no one complains that topic XYZ topic was discussed in detail on the Nteenth of Xtember at eythy past oct, which you would have found if you'd use the search function.  The problem is that people do complain about that (admittedly not as badly as on other forums I used to frequent), so the poor poster can't win either way.

41 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

Silly me, some one resurrected the topic. So I posted a link to Singapore scenery...

Excuse me for being helpful.  Didn't mean to irritate you.

We have to remember that some folks are new to the forum and will find some older posts useful to them.

Well done Penzoil  for helping, that's what the forums is about isn't it?

No rules against people resurrecting posts and please lets hope it stays that way.:)

Hi. I did not mean to upset anybody so I apologise if I have. I just thought it was a bit pointless until Vh-KDK mentioned about newbies, which we all have been and even I have looked back over old posts. So apologies again. Must have been an old grumpy momment. Derek.

When people dig out an old thread and a new discussion is starting about problems which actually have been solved already years ago, I always have good laugh. So please continue digging for antique threads, just for my entertainment! :D

Wolfgang, sometimes an old solution can be improved on; or an even better solution can be found.  In fact that's something we call history.  Almost everything is built on the foundation of something old.  Yesterdays solutions can always be improved on.

Noel 

8 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi. I did not mean to upset anybody so I apologise if I have. I just thought it was a bit pointless until Vh-KDK mentioned about newbies, which we all have been and even I have looked back over old posts. So apologies again. Must have been an old grumpy momment. Derek.

No problems Derek, thanks for the apology.

Where in Hampshire are you? I lived in Bournemouth back in the 60s when it was Hants and then Southampton and Eastleigh before coming to Oz in '81

Hi VH-KDK. I live in Gosport now, in fact lived around Gosport, Fareham and Stubbington all my life. Not far from Lee on Solent airfield which used to be Navy, sadly not any more. Years ago there used to be an Airshow there and as we lived next to the airfield we had a grandstand veiw. Happy days. Cheer's Derek.

Archived