Error message help!

rockliffe

Funnily enough, I've had exactly that error a few times lately - and was wondering about mentioning it.

I found that if you swap regions back and forth it goes away. The file "restore.bat" does seem to get created OK (so it's not a permissions issue). I suspect that FTX Central checks at some stage before the file is [re]created.

Adam.

Anyone?

15 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

Funnily enough, I've had exactly that error a few times lately - and was wondering about mentioning it.

I found that if you swap regions back and forth it goes away. The file "restore.bat" does seem to get created OK (so it's not a permissions issue). I suspect that FTX Central checks at some stage before the file is [re]created.

Adam.

Thanks Adam, but this message doesn't go away and appears every time I use FTX Central

22 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

there was an issue with a recent Windows update causing these error mesages; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/106037-error-switching-region/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, I'll follow the thread. Sadly I have tried both usggestions. The reinstalling of the latest libs has not helped, neither has removal of the suggested Win update. In fact, I couldn't find the suggested Win update anyway. Can you offer any help Holger?

I'm having exactly the same problem. Also ran the latest library installer and couldn't find the KB3097877 windows update. The only region i can use is FTX Global, whenever i switch to North America or Europe i get the restore.bat error.

Hi guys,

maybe these suggestions help? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76232-ftx-central-unhandled-exception/?comment=728381

Something on your system is preventing access to that file, which in turn prevents FTX Central from completing the switching process. If it's intermittent just starting FTX Central again usually does the job but a permanent "block" is obviously more of a problem.

Cheers, Holger

On 04/12/2015, 16:22:52, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

maybe these suggestions help? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76232-ftx-central-unhandled-exception/?comment=728381

Something on your system is preventing access to that file, which in turn prevents FTX Central from completing the switching process. If it's intermittent just starting FTX Central again usually does the job but a permanent "block" is obviously more of a problem.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, I'm getting nowhere fast with this issue. I have tried everything I have read on the forum and your suggestion of following the info in your link, each with no success. I have also noticed that many of the files are missing in the scenery library. ie only the airports are present without the relevent additional regional files. Can you help further with this? Thanks.

EDIT: I've done some futher testing Holger. It seems that when i change from a region to another region, the scenery does in fact change, or appears to do so. However, I have now noticed when I change from Oceana and back again, NZMF is a complete mess, with cliffs all around the airport. Then I have to go into Vector and run the auto airport config. this is really frustrating. Really need to sort this.

Archived