Updating thru Central

Bassman

Do you have to first set the region to match the region the update is for or should the region be 'default'?  Does this apply to both region and airport updates?

i.e. I have region currently set to default and can see updates available for EU Scotland, EU Wales and NA Central Rockies.  Do I update each as is or change to EU to update EU and then change to NA to update NA?  Thanks.

My post is not about region updates, only the library files. I am also only referring to now having the choice to install only the updated files when you have not installed any other products. I have no argument with what you are saying Jorge, I am not saying that you will not need to download the full library at some stage. I repeat it is all just about choice.

One thing that Ed might clarify, if I install another region update, will I still have to do a full library re-install or will Central take care of that by just updating the library files required?

Cheers  Dan

PS: Just realised that perhaps this topic should be transferred to the Central sub-forum?

PPS: Also, the main object of this topic was to give some praise and acknowledgment to the work that Ed and his team do.

Thanks for the aknowledgment Bassman, means a lot to us here. 

You can pretty much rely on FTX Central now to keep things up to date. Problems will only occur when very old installers are used and that might throw things out of whack. For those type of situations it is best to use the full installer as it cleans out redundant files that may appear. 

I used to always have a copy of the latest libraries in a handy 'Orbx tools' folder. Since FTX CentralV2 I haven't bothered. On my recent reinstall of FSX every so often Central would display a 'Update the bloody libraries you plonker' message and then do it automatically. Brilliant!

Add that to your collection of kudos' Ed. :)

I did it this way.

Downloadet it from https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

2.Saved a copy it to my ORBX lfolder (on a backup disk) where I keep all my ORBX scenery backups AND serial numbers and also a copy into my ORBX library on my PC where I keep all my ORBX sceneries. Every time there is a new Lib release I download it and save it to the mentioned folders and delete the old ones.

Placed a shortcut to the libs on my desktop.

Everytime I install an ORBX Scenery I justy double click the libs icon on my desktop and everything is ok. See screen shot.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

LIBS.JPG

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I used to always have a copy of the latest libraries in a handy 'Orbx tools' folder. Since FTX CentralV2 I haven't bothered. On my recent reinstall of FSX every so often Central would display a 'Update the bloody libraries you plonker' message and then do it automatically. Brilliant!

Add that to your collection of kudos' Ed. :)

Ron, I've never seen that message.  Is it only for the Brits?  ;)

Stew

Archived