Is Vector or OLC changes water color ?

Mikelab6

The only way would be to try to match your inland water and ocean textures.

It's a shame that FSX does this and it looks odd pretty much wherever it happens.

OK thanks, I will try this. Is ORBX use specific water colour in their regions, so if I replace water colour with REX, my regions will stay the same ?

If you are using FSX, have a look here

http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtml

This water configurator might do the trick for you.

Thanks Rob ! That seems to be a nice software. I am on DX10 with Steve fixer, so I can only use the "Lite" version for now. I will check this...  Are you using it ? in DX10 ?

Thanks Rob ! That seems to be a nice software. I am on DX10 with Steve fixer, so I can only use the "Lite" version for now. I will check this...  Are you using it ? in DX10 ?

Not right now Mike.   For testing purposes I like to keep things closer to vanilla so as not to see problems caused by "other" software.  But, it's a nifty program and works very well.

OK, I've found the solution...

In facts, FSX use 2 different Inland water colours. In Rex program they are called INLAND BLUE and INLAND BROWN.

The problem is we can't make the INLAND BROWN to look as the INLAND BLUE in REX program, because INLAND BROWN colours are brown only. I can make the brown looks light brown or dark brown with REX tool, but not blue.  What I did, was to install  only the REX INLAND textures to FSX and after looking at the REX install log.  That way, I saw what textures were copied to FSX and also where they were copied.  So the solution was to copy the INLAND BLUE files and renamed it as the INLAND BROWN files in the FSX folder and voila, problem solved, all my inland waters are now the same looking.

For your information, here is the REX install log listing and files uploaded to FSX :

INLAND BLUE TEXTURES INJECTED

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBlue\Final\301b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\301b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBlue\Final\302b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\302b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBlue\Final\303b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\303b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBlue\Final\304b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\304b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBlue\Final\305b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\305b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBlue\Final\306b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\306b2su1.bmp

INLAND BROWN TEXTURES INJECTED

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBrown\Final\307b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\307b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBrown\Final\308b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\308b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBrown\Final\309b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\309b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBrown\Final\310b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\310b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBrown\Final\311b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\311b2su1.bmp

F:\FSX addons\REX Essential Plus Overdrive\Themes\Temp\InlandBrown\Final\312b2su1.bmp copied to: F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\312b2su1.bmp

The solution :  (PS: you don't need to have REX, because these files are already in your FSX folders)

1. Copy these files from your FSX folder \FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\  to a temp folder :

301b2su1.bmp

302b2su1.bmp

303b2su1.bmp

304b2su1.bmp

305b2su1.bmp

306b2su1.bmp

2. Rename files:  (Backup your files before renaming)

301b2su1.bmp rename to 307b2su1.bmp

302b2su1.bmp rename to 308b2su1.bmp

303b2su1.bmp rename to 309b2su1.bmp

304b2su1.bmp rename to 310b2su1.bmp

305b2su1.bmp rename to 311b2su1.bmp

306b2su1.bmp rename to 312b2su1.bmp

3. Copy back these renamed files to you FSX folder (\FSX\Scenery\World\Texture\).

4. Test it in your sim where problem was visible.

5. if you don't like it, copy back your saved files (backup) to FSX folder.

PS:

For testing, select a location outside ORBX regions where you can see the problem. I used this location for my testing (LAT N45 48.22 and W72 16.25 with heading at 312), you will see the 2 different INLANDS COLOURS used by FSX. Go in map mode into FSX to jump to the location.

This solution is for merging the two different INLAND colours to be the same looking. It did not solve the ocean colour vs inlands colours...

OK thanks, I will try this. Is ORBX use specific water colour in their regions, so if I replace water colour with REX, my regions will stay the same ?

Yes! REX Water Colours have no iimpact on FTX full fat regions.

Archived