Only major roads in Canada

jalbrech

Hi,

I have ORBX Global, Vector, and Landclass for NA Alaska and Canada installed and I notice a general lack of roads in Canada.  I have major roads, but even moderate sized roads and small roads are missing as well as interchanges on major divided highways.  The quality of the Vector roads in Canada is far below what is in Europe.  Are there any plans to release major improvements with the next upgrade?  Also, will the US and Carribean also have few roads like Canada.  Europe is very good. Canada... well.

Hello  Jalbrech,

Perhaps a few screenshots with coordinates would help just to make sure and cross check. As to details on Vector of what is coming, I can not elaborate sorry. Details for posting screenshots found here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hi Richard,

Here is a link http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/DC2to a sample shot NW of Edmonton Alberta. We are flying West along the TransCanada 16. You are looking down at a major cloverleaf intersection where the 216 meets 16. Notice no cloverleaf. This documents problem 2 which is interchanges.  I did not have time to post lots of pictures, but if you look at a map of the area (I like using FSWidgets browser edition on a second monitor as I fly) and compare it to the roads in the simulator, you'll see almost no exits along 16 as you turn back to the east toward the north side of Edmonton.  In fact, only a couple of roads will be seen.  Railroads are abundant.  You will notice this throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and in Newfoundland. Only the most major of highways.   I have not flown in other areas of Canada yet.  I did fly around Anchorage AK and did not notice problems.  I have flown across Europe with OpenLC Europe and Vector to find beauty and completeness there.  Canada looks like default roads or worse.  

Please let me know if you need more. I would suggest taking a test flight out of the downtown Edmonton airport.

Now, could it be the order of my scenery config?  I have orbxlibs at top, followed by FTX AA Global Airports, Orbx vector files, orbxopenlcEurope, orbxopenLC NA and then orbxopenLC base.  I use Ultimate terrain and have that layered below (but I uninstalled Alaska and Canada Ultimate Terrain).   I got the jest of the order from the vector user guide.  

Thanks,  Jay

Hi Richard,

Here is a link http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/DC2to a sample shot NW of Edmonton Alberta. We are flying West along the TransCanada 16. You are looking down at a major cloverleaf intersection where the 216 meets 16. Notice no cloverleaf. This documents problem 2 which is interchanges.  I did not have time to post lots of pictures, but if you look at a map of the area (I like using FSWidgets browser edition on a second monitor as I fly) and compare it to the roads in the simulator, you'll see almost no exits along 16 as you turn back to the east toward the north side of Edmonton.  In fact, only a couple of roads will be seen.  Railroads are abundant.  You will notice this throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and in Newfoundland. Only the most major of highways.   I have not flown in other areas of Canada yet.  I did fly around Anchorage AK and did not notice problems.  I have flown across Europe with OpenLC Europe and Vector to find beauty and completeness there.  Canada looks like default roads or worse.  

Please let me know if you need more. I would suggest taking a test flight out of the downtown Edmonton airport.

Now, could it be the order of my scenery config?  I have orbxlibs at top, followed by FTX AA Global Airports, Orbx vector files, orbxopenlcEurope, orbxopenLC NA and then orbxopenLC base.  I use Ultimate terrain and have that layered below (but I uninstalled Alaska and Canada Ultimate Terrain).   I got the jest of the order from the vector user guide.  

Thanks,  Jay

Hi Jay

Your scenery library order should look like this as per page #38 of the definitive guide....

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74347-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

3rd Party Scenery (Any scenery you wish to display above Orbx FTX scenery)

OZX Scenery (Freeware designed to fit with FTX Regional software)

FTX Full Regional Scenery & Airports

Tongass Fjords (Fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords Regions)

FTX OpenLC Scenery

Named Default Scenery Entries

FSGlobal 2010 Entries

FTX Global Vector Entries (OBJ, APT, CVX, EXX)

Numbered Default Scenery Entries

FTX Global Vector Entry (AEC)

"Default Scenery"

"Default Terrainâ€

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your response. As I read through the manual, the vector data if close to the top will display everything (resulting in a messy display).  If my vector (OBJ, APT, CVX and EXX) files are close to the top, they should be given highest priority.  I am seeing a general lack of roads and intersections in the portions of Canada I have flown through. They are not all missing, just incomplete and the intersections are ugly (especially as compared to a competitor's product and to the FTX ORBX LC Europe + Vector data.  I would expect to see similar quality over Canada as I see over Europe given the high quality of the land cliass and the vector data in other areas.

Would the problem to be the vector data itself in Canada?  I'm wondering if you go to the place where I have my picture above, if you get the same display?  If so, the problem may be with the vector product. If not, I have other issues.  My Europe looks great at this point.

Thanks,

Jay

Yeah, I see neither the intersection nor the golf course.  I don't have Northern Rockies.  So apples to oranges.  Still far lower quality than Europe vector + openLC in my setup.

I have tried moving scenery priorities around, disabling then reenabling within the vector configuration tool all scenery, etc. All to no avail.

Jay  

Well. I moved vector below openLC. Turned vector off - see lots of roads and intersections. I believe this is the default roads from FSX showing through. 

I go back and turn vector on, I see no roads at all, but can see aprons where the roads and cloverleafs should be.  

If I had just Orbx libs, openlc, vector and obrx base installed, what is the scenery order?  Thanks,

Jay

Seeing same situation in multiple areas. I guess I missed it before, but have now noticed examples in the east coast of Canada and also in Calgary area. Nothing much to add, just confirming Jay and Nick are not alone, and that it is not just evident in the Edmonton area.

Archived