KEGE arrival Rwy 7

Larry Hickerson

BTW, for those who do not think you will get enough scenery with KEGE, you are wrong.  Aspen and the mountains between them are enough to entice you to this payware.

I had taken my initial ride from KEGE to Aspen (KASE @ 25nm), then Telluride (KTEX which is Orbx Freeware) and return to Eagle County.  Now for those not knowing the area, this is just West of Denver and on the westward side of the Rockies.  These are 14K hills with fantastic valleys.  Ski areas galore and great places like Cinnamon Pass, Gunnison, Independence Pass, Pikes Peak, Leadville, Steamboat Springs, Colorado River, and much more.  Within short flights you have Denver, Colorado Springs, Durango, Cortez, Canyonlands, Grand Junctions and many more.  Our (eaglevalleyair.com) VAFS flights ties into the freeware airports by Orbx which will take you to the surrounding states in style.  This scenery is just not stuck out there with nowhere to fly.

These pics are from my 3840x1080 screen, so they will not look so bright.  I cropped them by a third.  I hope they show enough details.   :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

first two pics I paused and took from entering the Eagle County valley via I-70 from Grand Junction area (west to east) and took two screen shots.  The runway is off my nose by 5 or so miles.  This day I was flying P3D in the A2A Comanche.  You may have to stretch your screen to get the full view.   :o  :o  :o  :(  :(  ;)  ;)  ;)

2015b1.jpg

2015b2.jpg

The next pic is my approach on Rwy7.

2015b3.jpg

The last pic is my turn off of the active.

2015b4.jpg

Top shots.

I still have my hair and teeth but the 20/20 eye's are long gone . From what I can make out , these shots look just fine . >:(:mellow::D

Cheers

Brad

Got my hair although it has changed colour, teeth not too good,  need the dog to chew the steak for me first and eyes fading. Can't remember if the memory is good.

yeah, when  I saw they came out with this airport. I immediately thought of Eagle Valley Air - oh man, you guys finally got your home HUB!

Thanks Brian.  It has been years since we chatted.  I do hope all is well.  I just saw someone using Pappy and I thought I had finally loss my mind.  LOL  Small world.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived