Latest Orbxlibs causing stutters?

Jon Clarke

I am probably alone in this problem but I have suddenly started to get microstutters in P3D over the last few weeks which I have never had before. The only additions to my sim has been OC Alaska/Canada and then orbxlibs 150815.

My problem has been that my settings have always been to right in scenery e.g Ultra and Extremely dense and unlimited fps and I have had no problems with stutters either in FTX regions nor with Global.

My question is does Libs update autogen and if so that could be my problem as i have exhausted all avenues regarding a faulty GPU or Memory. If I leave my settings as I have mentioned above I have to reduce autogen to very dense and limit my fps to a sweetspot on my rig of 26fps to get smoother flight. I have tried a large amount of different fps settings but 26 not 30 or 20 etc, is the best result.

I am therefore assuming (dangerous i know !) that something to do with autogen content has changed and is now challenging my rig. I always used to keep a copy of the previously installed Libs file but sod's law, this time I deleted it and therefore only have the latest version available.

I would like to know if there is any way i can get a link to the previous Libs library download so I can experiment further to see if the latest version could be a contributary cause of my stutters.

Secondly my Libs always seems to go into my FTX AU folder and not as a standalone in my ORBX folder. Is this normal? I think it goes into the first folder named in the ORBX folder as mine is AU. I f I didn't have AU I presume it would go into my FTX EU folder as that is alphabetically next in line.

Would greatly appreciate

1) a link if possible to the previous Libs download,

2) an answer regarding Libs updating autogen

3) is the Libs location with my ORBX folder correct.

Many thanks.

Hi Jim. I have 2.5 version. regarding drivers i realised that I did install the latest nvidia drivers which may well contribute to the stutters. As we speak i am downloading the 352.86 drivers which I had before I installed 355.82. I will report back if the older driver helps. Thanks for the input.

The new items in Orbxlibs were library objects by 29Palms which are not used yet.

The new autogen was vegetation used at Jarrad's KEGE and building objects in Europe (for LKHV I believe) so the new objects are isolated to those areas.

Links to previous installer are here (both versions)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8a-7jAShVrOUx5cloyM29WQTQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8a-7jAShVrQ3pyVVpqcHVRU3c

I seem to have a bit better results today. I have installed 344.111 nividia drivers, am using the previous not latest) Libs file. The only thing is that I have definitley had to lower certain settings. No more Shadows and fps set at 26. These were not my previous settings prior to getting stutters.

One thing that may have helped was deleting my Shaders/post process/HSL folder and letting P3D rebuild them. This is a tip in several forums for action after installing different or new drivers. 

Now I intend to install the latest Libs and see if the stutters return, having now got a copy of the previous file I can always install that one if required.

Regarding bermuda425's  advice, i had already deleted the p3d cfg. Thanks for your input.

I still have no answer regarding the location into which my Libs file installs itself i.e. FTX AU rather than a standalone entry in the ORBX folder within P3D. Would someone be good enough to let me know if their copy of Libs installs into the first alphabetical FTX region in there ORBX folder? For example those who do not have Regions but maybe Global Base and Vector.

Thanks.

Orbxlibs installs into the FTX_AU folder, so that is intentional.

Ed,

Is it safe to assume that since the ORBXlibs install to that particular folder that when scenery is loaded, it is loaded in an alphabetical manner?  What I mean is that when ORBX scenery is loaded, the libs are read first, snice they are in that particular folder?  If this is the case, it makes perfect sense.

-Jim

Ed,

Is it safe to assume that since the ORBXlibs install to that particular folder that when scenery is loaded, it is loaded in an alphabetical manner?  What I mean is that when ORBX scenery is loaded, the libs are read first, snice they are in that particular folder?  If this is the case, it makes perfect sense.

-Jim

My understanding is that FSX, at least, reads the scenery library in reverse order, bottom to top.  That's why the Vector exx (I think that's it) file is way down at the bottom, to read the excludes first and then the rest of the scenery entries  after that.

My understanding is that FSX, at least, reads the scenery library in reverse order, bottom to top.  That's why the Vector exx (I think that's it) file is way down at the bottom, to read the excludes first and then the rest of the scenery entries  after that.

Correction:  That should be the Vector AEC file is near the bottom of the library, not Vector EXX.

Stew

I now have resolved my stutters ! I have the latest Libs installed, which i thought may have been contributing to my problem. The source of the problem seems to have been my GPU settings. I have a GTX 780 3GB OC Triple Fan and with it comes Zotac's Firestorm software for changing defaults and overclocking etc. It looks like my settings went to at maximum the default or lower settings regarding Voltage, memory et al. Anyway have boosted it up to a safe and stable maximum and all is sweet again. Full right hand settings in P3D, unlimited fps, sweet and smooth.

Thanks for your help folks.

Archived