Trees in airports in Europe

Matthew Kane

I just reinstalled everything with upgrading to Windows 10 and installed Base, Vector and OpenLC Europe (in that order). Did a flight from KJFK to LFPG Charles De Gaulle and when I landed in Paris I was met with Autogen all over the taxiways:

LFPG.jpg

I tried reinstalling OpenLC but didn't work. Not sure how to fix this, it is only happening in Europe but not in the full fat regions. 

I just reinstalled everything with upgrading to Windows 10 and installed Base, Vector and OpenLC Europe (in that order). Did a flight from KJFK to LFPG Charles De Gaulle and when I landed in Paris I was met with Autogen all over the taxiways:

LFPG.jpg

I tried reinstalling OpenLC but didn't work. Not sure how to fix this, it is only happening in Europe but not in the full fat regions. 

I see the same problem with OpenLC and also with Global but i don't remember where  :(

Yes I was doing a quick search but I have a 7 month old baby girl that is teething at the moment and that is extremely distracting, so researching the problem is quite impossible at the moment  ???

In the mean time I am flying around Oceania until I can sort this out 

Here is Global and OpenLC EU with AUSP4 active , hence the weird textures where there is no autogen. This is FSX.

As you can see there is no autogen on LFPG.

Suggest you look at third party software or the order of items in your scenery library.

There are some small airfields in the alps that OpenLC EU causes autogen to be on, but LFPG is not one of them.

LFPG.jpg

Well here is what Le Bourget Airport looks like. These are all default airports with ORBX products installed over top of default scenery:
002.jpg

In the manual it does say this:
003.jpg

Clearly this is not an 'install and forget' situation. I have been at this all day with no resolve so far so I would really appreciate some help at this point    :banghead:

Hi Matthew,

the issue seems to be that the background grass and flatten polygons for the airports are either not drawn or getting excluded. OpenLC doesn't do anything with those polygons so I'd focus on Vector though it's odd that the problem seems limited to Europe. In any case, check that you have the five Vector entries active and in the correct order; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99993-scenery-library-configuration-the-correct-order/?p=904001

Also, it's correct to assume that you currently have no other add-ons installed other than those three Orbx products? 

Cheers, Holger

Hi Matthew,

the issue seems to be that the background grass and flatten polygons for the airports are either not drawn or getting excluded. OpenLC doesn't do anything with those polygons so I'd focus on Vector though it's odd that the problem seems limited to Europe. In any case, check that you have the five Vector entries active and in the correct order; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/99993-scenery-library-configuration-the-correct-order/?p=904001

Also, it's correct to assume that you currently have no other add-ons installed other than those three Orbx products? 

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger and guys

I fly OpenLC EU a lot these days, in Southern Europe, without any issue ,so curiosity drove me to have a look at Le Bourget that I usually never visit. Lo and behold, trees were all over ! No addon as I never fly there.

I checked to see whether there was any redundancy with MyTraffic X 6  as that happens from time to time. None of that kind. But I discovered that all the three files of LFPB in the Vector folder, ABP, AEC and APT,were suffixed "inactive" by AEC ==by default==. Enabling the .bgl apparently corrected the situation.

Same for CDG (LFPG).

Hope that can help...

Yes I have narrowed it down to a FTX Global Vector issue, I think it is the Airports Elevation Corrections that is causing this. I moved LFPG from disabled to enabled in the Airport Elevations Configurations and that fixed just that one airport. The only thing I did prior was run the Auto-Configuration and clearly something is wrong with that as it is messing up numerous airports.

All I've done is install a fresh WIndows 10, I've only installed ORBX Base, Vector then European Landclass, and then my full fat regions after that. I have not installed anything else with the only exception being Fly Tampa Toronto and Sydney and MyTraffic 6, but that shouldn't cause this I would think. Those are the only non ORBX scenery installed on my system. 

It is something in the FTX Global Vector that is causing this in the Airport Elevation Corrections and it looks like a major headache to try and correct, Perhaps there is a better way to fix this?

Archived