From Night into Day - following Brad´s advice

Stillwater

Asia night lights still await the FTX touch, and I hope for OpenLC_Asia to bring us progress. You may have difficulties to see our trusted 777 at Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji?

01BOM787.jpg

This is how the real AI8345 looks like. Same time, day, and weather as virtual. But, ok, this is a 788... - you can´t sim every model (and you won´t learn all of them, would you?).

02BOM.jpg

This is how you may fuel yourself while the plane is fueled. Unfortunately I do not get this service when flying virtual...

03BOM.jpg

Yes Brad, I followed your advice. Boarding is completed, you can see the lucky guy with 2A for taking the pictures, 2C to relax.

04Boardingcomplete.jpg

Here we go.

05Mumbai.jpg

06BOM.jpg

The only energy you need during a night flight. Came all the way down from the Isle of Skye.

07Talisker.jpg

Crossing the Indian Ocean, perfectly safe with ETOPS 60 min.

08IndianOcean.jpg

I was too tired to collect precise routing information, sorry.

09Route.jpg

10Approach.jpg

VABB-VTBSreal.jpg

Closing in to Bangkok VTBS.

11Thailand.jpg

12BKKapproach.jpg

13.jpg

14BKKapproach.jpg

15.jpg

16VTBS.jpg

17.jpg

Unloading, while our neighbour already receives the next catering service.

18VTBS.jpg

19.jpg

Good morning!

20.jpg

Awesome story and comparison pics!! The real photos look amazingly crisp, they're not from a camera phone are they?

No camera phone, most are taken with a 1" sensor cam.

Who is this "Brad Guy" Gerold 8)O0:P:D  . With shots like these Sim or Real , you surely don't need his advice . Great post my friend .

Cheers

John

2A, as this "Brad" guy said ;D , and I liked his advice. Nice place, even more as there were only 4 people in 24 seats on that flight ::) .

Very immersive set Gerold.

Great shots both RL and sim and great to see the comparison shots.

Looks like a very luxurious trip to VTBS.

Now you have given me a hankering for Thailand again.

The only pain on the flight was the time. Take-off just after 2 am...  :blink:

Great shots!

Thanks for watching & commenting - your words make both real & simmed flight more enjoyable. And FTXG has lots of share in this fun, too. I´ll be in for the upcoming landclasses!

Splendid set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Impressive set again Gerold, thanks for sharing!

Thank you, mates! And I hope we see shots from Martyn showing us Thailand soon - he has much more experience in that region than I have 8) .

Hi Gerold, 

you rock man :D was this business or first class -dman me what a stupid question :S Nice set anyway :)

Thanks for your comment, Mick. Business, and it does not only look sufficient. In fact, most airlines I use have already dismantled first class - much space blocked with only few seats sold.

Great trip, story and shots Gerold! But i'm missing some shots of the virtual meal... Maybe ORBX can invent something like "food flow"... ;):)

You are right, food flow for the virtual pilots is a painful gap, yet. We know, Orbx often pushes the limits of simulation...  8) !

Archived