Why you just have to love Orbx scenery...

CBris

You're flying along, just enjoying the gorgeous scenery and something catches your eye. You just need to go down for a look see...

ferry_e.jpg

It's these little touches, the working quarries and the lumber mills that really bring the scenery to life.

ferry_10.jpg

Immersion? Hell yeah! Olde One-Eye was on a triple ferry flight this evening. Fly an Avro 504 from Isaac's farm to Concrete, pick up a refurbished Albatros there and ferry this to Darrington. Talking of which, When you land at Darringto bring patience with you - there's a queue outside the Porta Potti... You can bet your bottom dollar that Old One-Eye was getting desparate, the sun was approaching the horizon and he still had to get a Buecker home to Israel's...

ferry_12.jpg

All three legs of this ferry flight were highly enjoyable. The scenery is so immersive that one doen't ever want to fast forward or use the realism rate increase.

ferry_17.jpg

Finals into Israel's is like come home. This was one of the first airport addons from FTX that i installed - perfect as a start point for some flying through gorgeous scenery.

ferry_19.jpg

...and even when you park up at the ranch, there's still plenty to see. Take BOB along and walk that flight. Or get one of the many freeware ground vehicles and drive the route - hmm, sounds like fun! One-Eye may just do that in his Pajero one day.

ferry_22.jpg

Thanks Orbx! Everyone else, enjoy the pics. There really are a lot of highlights to be found when flying low and slow.

So many places to go, so much to see and so little time.

ORBX is just the start though.

There are some top class add ons at OZx and RTMM too.

Nearly forgot, wonderful screen shots.

I have yet to re-install the RTMM setup - I am in a quandary ast whether or not I should, what with sooo much going on. Right now, I am trying out the Golden Age Old Rhinebeck, but there seems to be a difference of opinions between the Old Rhinebeck scenery and the OrbX - have to change FTX to "global" and shut the North American sceneries down for a while.

Archived