A latecomer to the Samoan party

bernd1151

As it seems that almost everybody flies into or around the Samoan archipelago in his own, sometimes heavily altered plane, I realize that I am a bit late to the party.

But as you will see from attached photos, my old Goose took a bit of time until she was ready for her busy schedule

1.jpg

2.jpg

Let’s explore first a bit the Pago Pago harbor, but watch out for that damn cable across the harbor!!! Can you spot the orange dots above the cruise ships? That’s it

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

We fly east to Fitiuta

6.jpg

Luckily a beautiful “Vahine No te Tiare†(woman with flower) accompanies us

7.jpg

Fitiuta airstrip

8.jpg

9.jpg

The next group of small islands we approach has the Ofu airstrip and village, where we plan to stop over for lunch

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Ofu airstrip

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

The Goose has delivered 

Thank you gents, very much appreciated

Is this the OZx HD Goose? I´d have to look for this amazing livery instantly.

Yes Gerold, that's the OZx Goose and the paint scheme you can find on flightsim under: grumman_goose_japan.zip 

That will give you the Japanese textures of the Goose, the Samoan paint is my alteration of it  ::) 

Thank you gents, very much appreciated

Yes Gerold, that's the OZx Goose and the paint scheme you can find on flightsim under: grumman_goose_japan.zip 

That will give you the Japanese textures of the Goose, the Samoan paint is my alteration of it  ::) 

Hallo Bernd,

I already do have the japanese version, and now I see the few similarities. That was a remarkable change you did when getting that old bird from Japan to Samoa, congrats!

Archived