Alternative Purchase Options?

Reachva

Hello

I live in the suburbs around Frankston, Victoria and I was wondering if there were anyway to purchase FTX add-on scenery without using credit-card online as I do not trust this online business dealing. Is there a way that I could purchase both YMML Melbourne Airport and AU Blue by paying with cash via snail-mail or like-wise?

Best Regards,

Adem

Hello

I live in the suburbs around Frankston, Victoria and I was wondering if there were anyway to purchase FTX add-on scenery without using credit-card online as I do not trust this online business dealing. Is there a way that I could purchase both YMML Melbourne Airport and AU Blue by paying with cash via snail-mail or like-wise?

Best Regards,

Adem

Hi Adem,

Here at The FlightSim Store we can accept Bank Transfers and Cheque/Money Orders and as an Aussie customer these will be available to you at checkout with full details on how to make your payment provided upon confirming your order when you select one of these as your payment method. And we do have an order line where you can call in on most days for the cost of a local call where one of my staff will be happy to take your order.

Just to add my 2c worth... I have been using my credit card for internet purchases since day one, and up to 25% of all my credit card purchases in a given month can be online.  Number of credit card fraud incidents in all that time?  Zero.

That's my experience with the highly dangerous practice of using ssl secured internet transactions, so I guess I must be the luckiest man on the planet.

Cheers

OK here's the deal, I am by some peoples standards a bit of a guru around here and I and not real trustin of online buying either BUT what I did was go to my bank and set myself up an additional Card that is actually a debit card and can only be pilfered by the amount I put in there. So I get online and make my selection  then get onto my bank transfer the required funds and bingo make my purchase,

Occasionally use the regular M/Card and have never had a problem in over 10 years of doing so with either. BUT be wary and careful of where you make purchases.

Mozz

Myself i use my Debit card through paypal for all my on line transactions from the FSS, Instant transfer and download from Adrian and the Team no problems so far and very pleased with the service.

cheers

Iain.

Mate, just order what you want then go down to St. Georges bank and drop the money into FSS account. You'll get your disc or whatever in a few days or you download the following day. The details are given to you when you hit the bank deposit button during online purchase,

Thank you for all the help!

I think I'll go with the cheque option...

I've been reading that SP3 is due to come out, if I purchase this month would I recieve that version or previous one? Just to clarify things up a bit.

Thank You,

Adem

Interesting that many of you have chosen Debit Cards as a safer form of payment card transaction - Credit Cards actually offer significantly more guaranteed protection than any debit cards. Any Credit Card transaction can be disputed and charged back.  (Not always with agreement from the vendor that received your payment!).

Contrastingly, it is possible not to be able to claw anything back from a fraudulant debit card transaction. Where debit card fraud involved your not being the one that used the card, you will usually be able to get a refund. However, if you used a debit card and then have some other form of dispute with a vendor (such as not receiving goods, etc) you are not automatically guaranteed a refund, in the way that you are with a Credit Card.

The main driver for these policies is around Credit Card transactions being subject to credit supply laws, whereas debit card transactions are simply batch clearances of your own funds.

I'm not declaring myself as a 'guru' as Maurice has  ;D but I work as a Project Manager for the world's second largest global insurance company and have delivered many projects in the field of PCI (payment card ) and other financial transaction areas.

David.

Archived