Orbx England Awful Download FSS

Jake Stanley

Good Afternoon Orbx,

Firstly I would like to say I have contacted Flight Sim Store about this matter as at the time I could not get onto the Orbx Forums. They have replied to me saying they have forwarded the message onto yourselves and have stated that they are only the distributer which I do understand, but at the time could not get in touch with the Orbx Forums.

Below is the message I sent to the Flight Sim Store on Thursday.

"I have recently (a couple of hours ago) bought ORBX England to ass onto my FSXSE System to improve England's scenery from the default Microsoft version.

Firstly, I am totally appalled by what the scenery looks like. I come from Liverpool, where I do most of my flying from. The worst thing is, you've managed to take away the Runcorn Bridge and half of Liverpool Airport. Even Manchester looks nothing alike.

All installed happy with no errors or anything showing (have also installed latest updates as told to)... But yet the £14 scenery files are worst than the default ones. I tried to post on ORBX Forum but there currently down pending administrators action.

I'm not at all happy with this product, the scenery is awful worst than the default and I am asking for a full refund. To back me up on this, I have taken 32 before and after photos between ORBX England Scenery and Microsoft's FSX default scenery showing that they have moved things that were of great significance. I would like to hear back from someone as soon as possible before I contact PayPal over this.

Thank you,
Jake Stanley

Hi Jake,

Sorry you are unhappy by your purchase. However, can you please post some screenshots (see instruction here )? There may be something wrong or missing making FTX England looking bad.

Hi Jake,

I took a quick flight over EGGP and Runcorn; the airport looks pretty intact BUT I did see a landclass problem next to it (water textures), and some taxiway signs on the runway.  Maybe someone on the Orbx team can confirm this, or else that I have a problem at my end?  The Runcorn bridges are both there in my view.

2015-5-12_14-21-44-136.th.jpg 2015-5-12_14-11-48-704.th.jpg 2015-5-12_14-12-27-621.th.jpg 2015-5-12_14-15-11-466.th.jpg 2015-5-12_14-17-59-733.th.jpg

Hi Jake,

Sorry you are unhappy by your purchase. However, can you please post some screenshots (see instruction here )? There may be something wrong or missing making FTX England looking bad.

Hi again,

I have took on-board what a few people have replied back and have took most screenshots of Liverpool and Manchester. You'll have to accept my apologises as they are not in any order like they should be in. I think they should be attached or something.

Basically Orbx FTX England has upgraded the grass areas and most airports which I do like, but there's just something not quite right. London is by far the best but that's just a small part of what should be all Orbx made scenery like the rest of your airports and scenery. To note as well, I only asked for a refund as I couldn't see what I had just paid for and the forum was down thinking that it was just going to be a waste of money. I'd appreciate anything that you guys will have to say but as you can see Orbx England has some good pros over the default Microsoft scenery but also that the Microsoft scenery has some good pros over Orbx England as well, so take note on this. I'd much rather prefer default at this current time.

Pictures should be below (I'm new to this).

Thanks, Jake.

2015-5-12_19-29-17-202.jpg

2015-5-12_19-41-10-611.jpg

2015-5-12_19-41-41-663.jpg

2015-5-12_19-29-48-764.jpg

2015-5-12_19-37-49-892.jpg

2015-5-12_19-40-39-399.jpg

2015-5-12_19-33-10-63.jpg

2015-5-12_19-26-4-661.jpg

2015-5-12_19-44-9-857.jpg

2015-5-12_19-42-2-753.jpg

2015-5-12_19-31-19-40.jpg

2015-5-12_19-30-46-598.jpg

2015-5-12_19-37-44-74.jpg

2015-5-12_19-42-6-583.jpg

2015-5-12_19-43-29-434.jpg

2015-5-12_19-27-5-369.jpg

2015-5-12_19-25-49-934.jpg

2015-5-12_19-32-44-915.jpg

2015-5-12_19-32-23-379.jpg

2015-5-12_19-27-45-972.jpg

2015-5-12_19-39-0-805.jpg

Hi again,

I have took on-board what a few people have replied back and have took most screenshots of Liverpool and Manchester. You'll have to accept my apologises as they are not in any order like they should be in. I think they should be attached or something.

Basically Orbx FTX England has upgraded the grass areas and most airports which I do like, but there's just something not quite right. London is by far the best but that's just a small part of what should be all Orbx made scenery like the rest of your airports and scenery. To note as well, I only asked for a refund as I couldn't see what I had just paid for and the forum was down thinking that it was just going to be a waste of money. I'd appreciate anything that you guys will have to say but as you can see Orbx England has some good pros over the default Microsoft scenery but also that the Microsoft scenery has some good pros over Orbx England as well, so take note on this. I'd much rather prefer default at this current time.

Pictures should be below (I'm new to this).

Thanks, Jake.

Thank you for the captures. What I can obviously notice is the scenery is not correctly used. Ground textures are not the right ones and some buildings are differents from the ones provided by FTx ENgland.

Did you select Europe mode into FTX Central and click on Apply before flying ? If not, just do it and let me know. By the way, you can find instructions on PDF into FTX Central.

I made some shots as close as possible to yours and here's what I have:

P01.jpg

P02.jpg

P03.jpg

P04.jpg

P05.jpg

A comparison of Liverpool center between Europe mode, Default mode and yours:

Europe mode

P06.jpg

Default mode

P07D.jpg

Yours

2015-5-12_19-27-45-972.jpg

Thank you for the captures. What I can obviously notice is the scenery is not correctly used. Ground textures are not the right ones and some buildings are differents from the ones provided by FTx ENgland.

Did you select Europe mode into FTX Central and click on Apply before flying ? If not, just do it and let me know. By the way, you can find instructions on PDF into FTX Central.

I made some shots as close as possible to yours and here's what I have:

Hi again Richard,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Yours look's so different to mine when I have the FTX Europe (England) installed and applied. What I've just done is uninstalled Orbx England and changed back to dafalut scenery. Then I reinstalled it  with changing everything exactly like in the manual. There's just still no difference on my half of which I cannot see. What can I do now?

Thanks, Jake

Intrigued! I'll see what these look like in P3D. Thanks for using SLEW, Richard - makes it easy to replicate the shot!

Adam.

Yes, I would like to see what they compare to in P3D. Thank you.

Hi again Richard,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Yours look's so different to mine when I have the FTX Europe (England) installed and applied. What I've just done is uninstalled Orbx England and changed back to dafalut scenery. Then I reinstalled it  with changing everything exactly like in the manual. There's just still no difference on my half of which I cannot see. What can I do now?

Thanks, Jake

Hi Jake,

Installing the scenery then fly is not enough. Did you open FTX Central  and select Europe Mode the  click on Apply ? If you didn't that's normal there is no change comparing to default. You have also to install Service Pack 004 for FTX England before (see here to dowload it) and latest ORBXlibs.

So I sum up what to do:

1 - Install FTX England (OrbxFTXEUENG130)

2 - Install SP4 for FTX ENG (OrbxFTXENGPatch004)

3 - Install ORBXLibs (see here )

4 - Open FTX Central (V1 or V2) and select Europe mode then click on Apply (or Apply group for FTX Central V2)

5 - Close FTX Central and Fly

Follow that procedure and let me know if changes are effectives for you.

OK - here are three from P3D. They look almost identical to Richard's. @richard - do you have Global or LC? I have neither and can see some (slight) differences in mapping of vegetation etc.

Yes, mine are from P3D too but FSX version has more and less the same rendering except for the water:

EGGP_FSX.jpg

Yes, mine are from P3D too but FSX version has more and less the same rendering except for the water:

Aaah ... but you didn't answer the bit I was interested in ;) ... do you have Global or LC (or similar)? I'm interested as your "green stuff" is different from my "green stuff" :lol:

Adam.

Hi Jake,

Installing the scenery then fly is not enough. Did you open FTX Central  and select Europe Mode the  click on Apply ? If you didn't that's normal there is no change comparing to default. You have also to install Service Pack 004 for FTX England before (see here to dowload it) and latest ORBXlibs.

So I sum up what to do:

1 - Install FTX England (OrbxFTXEUENG130)

2 - Install SP4 for FTX ENG (OrbxFTXENGPatch004)

3 - Install ORBXLibs (see here )

4 - Open FTX Central (V1 or V2) and select Europe mode then click on Apply (or Apply group for FTX Central V2)

5 - Close FTX Central and Fly

Follow that procedure and let me know if changes are effectives for you.

Hi again Richard,

Done all what you said. Database was already updated to 004. But I cannot download the ORBXLibs file as when it downloads, it opens and then comes up file invalid, delete (yes or no).

What should I do here?

Thanks, Jake

Hi again Richard,

Done all what you said. Database was already updated to 004. But I cannot download the ORBXLibs file as when it downloads, it opens and then comes up file invalid, delete (yes or no).

What should I do here?

Thanks, Jake

If possible, download by ethernet instead of wifi or use a download manager to avoid corruption of the final file (try this one, it's free). Unactivate temporarly your antivirus or lower security level. Choose the Google link for more effectiveness

If possible, download by ethernet instead of wifi or use a download manager to avoid corruption of the final file (try this one, it's free). Unactivate temporarly your antivirus or lower security level. Choose the Google link for more effectiveness

Hi again Richard,

It downloaded with the Google thing. I've installed everything and done all the steps you said to do. The good news is, it's improved the look of the surrounding areas and overall natural (green) fields and grass etc. It's even added the hanger for the GA Apron.

The bad news is (which is sort of really annoying me at the moment);

1)I'm still missing the Runcorn Bridge (or does that just not exist in Orbx world)

2)I've got random houses surrounding the extra tower at Liverpool airport (don't know why)

3)I've lost all ILS lights...

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,

Correct rendition of the Runcorn Bridge, is not modelled in Orbx England unfortunately,

I use UK2000 ver of Liverpool Extreme, for Speke! much better!

Cheers,

Does UK2000 work with orbx then? I was thinking about Liverpool and Manchester... would you recommend? FSX Stream User though.

Thanks..

Hi again Richard,

It downloaded with the Google thing. I've installed everything and done all the steps you said to do. The good news is, it's improved the look of the surrounding areas and overall natural (green) fields and grass etc. It's even added the hanger for the GA Apron.

The bad news is (which is sort of really annoying me at the moment);

1)I'm still missing the Runcorn Bridge (or does that just not exist in Orbx world)

2)I've got random houses surrounding the extra tower at Liverpool airport (don't know why)

3)I've lost all ILS lights...

Thanks,

Jake

Hi Jake,

FTX ENG is an addon for the whole England with number of main POIs. Unfortunately, all can not be included. For accurate local items, airports scneries as mentionned by other users can be fine for what you are looking.

Can you make a status of your request please ? If you still want a refund, you have to contact FSS by their customer form.

Hi Jake,

FTX ENG is an addon for the whole England with number of main POIs. Unfortunately, all can not be included. For accurate local items, airports scneries as mentionned by other users can be fine for what you are looking.

Can you make a status of your request please ? If you still want a refund, you have to contact FSS by their customer form.

It's also worth pointing out that there is a separate forum which contains a number of user created POI's:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/165-community-scenery-addons/

Archived