NZQN and NZMF No airport Buildings

Ticker7

Hi Guys I have a slightly strange problem with two NZ airports, for some reason all of the buildings at queenstown and Milford soud have gone. I have people walking around no static aircraft even though they are checked in the control panel.
I have uninstalled both airports re downloaded and re installed them along with the latest lib file but they just do not want to show up. I did read on the forum somewhere of a similar problem but the solution for that didn't work in this case so any help would be great.
I am running in Hybrid mode and am stuck as to why it would do this as nothing has changed on my system and they were fine two days ago when I was there flying.

Edit :  I have just checked out my Au airports and I have NO airport buildings there either so something tells me either a file or three is missing or something is royaly screwed up :-(

Things seem to be going from bad to worse!!!!!! I just checked sedona and I have no buildings there at all ARGGGG!!!! can anyone HELP me resolve this problem????

I updated the lib files in ftxc2 as requested and then during the load fsx asked me to download a new objectflow update which I did and it then shut down the sim, I restarted it and it asked if I wanted to run objectflow which I said yes to but when the sim started I still had no buildings.

Has anyone got a suggeston to fix this problem or are all the brains on holiday???

pls try and re-install the libraries via manual download

Although maybe superfluous:

do you have fsX with SP1+SP2 or the Acceleration pack installed ?

do you have Administrator rights ?

do you have excluded your fsX install from continuous scanning by the Anti Virus program ?

did you install the sceneries by right clicking the .exe and select to "Run as Administrator" ?

does your fsX install reside on it's own drive or is it in it's basic location under programs on the C drive ?

Hmmm this looks bad 19 views and not one reply should I be worried? ???

I won't respond to "brains being on holiday" other than to say I fear my brain has gone AWOL *permanently* :lol:. It went on holiday a while back and never came back!

I'll be one of the "lurkers" as I dive into anything NZ related. However - I don't have Global, so I felt I couldn't really offer anything constructive.

I go with Wolter's main suggestion: libraries. @Wolter - are there any specific files (and datestamps) Ticker7 could look for in the usual places to see whether they actually "took"? ie. Didn't get installed to some other folder because of some registry problem etc.

Adam.

make sure the Objectflow is activated, go to ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder

look for the ModuleInstaller.exe

right click and select "Run as Administrator"

close

When firing up fsX a pop up should appear about approving the Module / Objectflow select OK

Hi Wolter thank you for replying. In regard to your suggestions,

pls try and re-install the libraries via manual download

I've done both auto through FTXC2 and manual several times.

I've never run scenery installs as admin and had no problems until now.

FSX is on it's own drive.

Yes I have admin rights.

My av software excludes FSX.

I've run the module installer and it finds, removes and re installs the file.

I'm running FSX  / Accelaration sp1

When I run the sim I get one pop up asking about egth object flow and I click yes I then got another saing there is an update to the object library 1.0.10.2 which installs and tells me to restart the sim, which when I do I get an error saying the object lib file it just updated has a conflict and may cause problems and asks if I want to run it or not I've tried both yes and no and still no buildings. I know it must be something simple but  as to why it's just done this I've no idea but with yours and others help we'll fix it for sure.

Hi, me again :)

do you have all your fields updated to the latest versions ?

I ask this as you mention it keeps asking to update the Object Library

if you right click your main fsX folder and select properties the read only box could be ticked,

untick that and hit Apply a pop up will come up that it's performing a task wait till it's finished,

secondly go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753659.aspx and take ownership this so we are sure that all commands by you are followed up and nothing could / should interfere

What's your Scenery complexity setting in Display Setting?

Hi Ed my scenery complexity settings are set to max.

Wolter Yes I have the latest verions of all the ORBX airports and regions, I have also cleared the read only from my FSX root folder and have ownership of it as well I'm just about to re try running the sim with the new settings to see what happens and if the buildings have returned so I'll let you know.

Okay I've re installed the 1.50 updates of both the NZ airports, redownloaded the latest Lib files and installed them set everything on my FSX drive so I'm authorized, run the module installer for NZMF played with the graphic settings both up and down in small increments and tested the sim after each adjustment or install and still I have no airport buildings at any of the ORBX airports. I haven't had the warning asking me to trust anything to do with objects or scenery come up so I'm fast loosing what little hair I had. I know it will be something so simple I'll kick myself when it's fixed but it's darned frustrating for both myself and you guys but I'll keep trying anything you can come up with till it is !

Most odd.

Are you missing buildings at all airports? Were things OK before? Just wondering what could be the cause.

Obviously you have the basic scenery elements, the scenery library entries are present etc. Some buildings are controlled by ObjectFlow but not the NZ ones so that cannot be the culprit.

What have you done recently, eg full reinstall, some other 3rd party software? 

Most odd.

Are you missing buildings at all airports? Were things OK before? Just wondering what could be the cause.

Obviously you have the basic scenery elements, the scenery library entries are present etc. Some buildings are controlled by ObjectFlow but not the NZ ones so that cannot be the culprit.

What have you done recently, eg full reinstall, some other 3rd party software? 

Hi Ed Yes all ORBX airport buildings are missing, I haven't added any new things to fsx since the monument valley update and all was well then, the only thing I did was move an OFF file as it had a duplicate that was just BGL which screwed up the the scenery so I put it back but I don't understand how it would/ could cause buildings to go on holiday.

I've even restored the whole drive from a backup and it's still the same which is why I contacted you guys to see if we could sort it, obviously it'll be something I may have done but not realized as I know it's not ORBX's fault ;-)

This is quite perplexing. Each airport scenery has its own set of library bgls and it is strange to have them all be affected. 

Some things to try:

- delete the fsx.cfg file and let a new one be built when starting FSX

or

- focusing on the one airport (let's use NZMF), untick all FTX entries except for the NZSI & NZMF ones. Also disable any entries above the NZ ones, apart from Orbxlibs

or

-you mention running in Hybrid mode? Have you tried it with the an actual region selected?

I'm baffled to say the least, but there must be something alien to FTX that causes this, are you sure you haven't installed any tweak proggies recently or such, your Av scanner got overzealous or the likes of that, any windows updates, talking of which, which windows version do you use?

Quote:  delete the fsx.cfg file and let a new one be built when starting FSX. : Done no change.

-you mention running in Hybrid mode? Have you tried it with the an actual region selected?.  : No buildings and ground has mounds in it.

-focusing on the one airport (let's use NZMF), untick all FTX entries except for the NZSI & NZMF ones. Also disable any entries above the NZ ones, apart from Orbxlibs.  :

I have just noticed that a lot of the entries in the FSX library listing are blank (see pic)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/zta

I'm baffled to say the least, but there must be something alien to FTX that causes this, are you sure you haven't installed any tweak proggies recently or such, your Av scanner got overzealous or the likes of that, any windows updates, talking of which, which windows version do you use?

Hi Wolter you and me both, I'm running win7-64 and I've not installed any new programs to my system in the last couple of weeks, as for tweaks I generally don't use them as I use FSX go and have since it came out ages ago. Do you think it may be worth doing a repair on fsx accel in case some file/s have become damaged or deleted some how?

Try this for the Library pic I have a LOT (goes to 663) below this point that are not showing what the are but if you click edit it tells me what they are.

librarylist.jpg

Now that is something I have never seen before.

Th only thing I can think of is to delete the scenery.cfg file located in ProgramData and restart FSX to build a new clean default one.

Then go to the ORBX/Scropts folder and run the FTXConfigurator exe files - there's three of them if you have openLC & Vector. That will get the FTX entries back, any other 3rd party addons will need adding back as well.

All the orbx entries are there and I'm not too worried about the library listing I'd just like to get the buildings back. Is there a specific file or files that control them? If there is let me know and I'll see if it's there, also would it be worth doing a repair from the acceleration disk?

Each airport has it own library file, generally will have the word library or lib in it.

Staying with NZMF, post a screenshot of the contents of the scenery folder so that way we can ensure you have them all

Now that is something I have never seen before.

Th only thing I can think of is to delete the scenery.cfg file located in ProgramData and restart FSX to build a new clean default one.

Then go to the ORBX/Scropts folder and run the FTXConfigurator exe files - there's three of them if you have openLC & Vector. That will get the FTX entries back, any other 3rd party addons will need adding back as well.

I followed these instructions and in ftxc2 everything is as it was but in fsx NONE of the ORBX products are listed did I do something wrong??

Curiouser and curiouser.

Open up your FTXSettings.xml file located in the Orbx/Scripts folder and paste the contents here. This tells the configuration where your scenery.cfg and registry settings are located.

Do you have P3Dv2 installed? One thing I can think of is that P3D compiled library objects will not appear in FSX.

Your shot of NZMF shows you have the files installed.

Can't offer any advice, but just to say there may be quite a few "lurkers" like me following this on-going detective story (that's turning into an epic!). I have FSX and P3D on the same system so a thread like this is worth me checking on in case I ever get config problems like this.

What I'm saying is ... thanks for keeping it "public" - painful as it may be.

Best of luck!

Adam.

Ed I have fsx and p3d v1.5 on the same drive but don't use it. I'll check the settings.xml when I get home and post a pic for you to check out.

Adam I prefer to keep it public as you say because like you others including myself may glean something from it and save themselves from the pain I'm going through and troubling the orbx staff when I'm sure they have more important things to do.

Maybe the odd one out, please check that the registry entry corresponds with the location of fsX .......................

Hi Wolter this is the reg entry showing the path to my FSX on my G drive which seems correct with where the sim is. I have noticed the sim and scenery work as they should appart from the missing airport buildings, it's almost like they've been turned off as they are still in the files and I've no idea why or what could have caused this but between us we WILL figure it out ;-)

Regentry.jpg

That's the correct contents. 

Can you please send me your scenery.cfg file to ed(at)orbxsystems(dot)com

What about other scenery addons, any issues there? 

Hi Ed if I go to an airport outside of ORBX regions everything is normal in that the default buildings etc are there and no anomalies but if I go to any airport inside a region there are no airport buildings even if it's not an ORBX airport eg YPPH so I reckon there is an ORBX file that has got corrupted somewhere but have no clue as to how or why. (YET)

I think I may have fixed it ;-)

NZMFmaybefixed.jpg

What I did was find a backup cfg file as close to the end of last month that was actually one that had been saved as this : Backup_of_scenery_cfg_(Night Enviroment-Berlin DEMO-FSX).cfg I then opened it and saved as Scenery.cfg and after backing up the current one I installed it and ran the sim and Boom I had my buildings and statics back again. Now I still don't know what caused this problem so I would ask that some further investigation be undergone and any findings posted at the end of this thread. I would like to Thank Ed and Wolter for their time in trying to help me fix this problem which I know is hard to do long distance so THANKS Guys!!!

PS. I'll keep testing and let you know how it goes.

I have been to both the NZ airports and apart from needing to re install NZQN due to mounds around runways and also reinstalled the Lib files my solution seems to have fixed it, all my listings are back in both ftxc2 and fsx scenery library so things certainly look much better. I'll keep checking and if I encounter any major problems I'll inform the ORBX Gurus and see what we can do but for now you can mark this thread resolved :-)

Yay! A result!!!!

@wolter - this worries me also - that other developers' software (Aerosoft in this case) could have such a disastrous effect on FSX. It's worth raising on the Aerosoft forums.

I have no other scenery outside ORBX (other than the odd FTX-friendly bit of freeware), being too worried that such a thing could happen.

Adam.

pleased to hear that you have found the culprit and FTX is firing on all cylinders again :)

what bugs me is the what could be the influence of the by you mentioned Night Enviroment-Berlin DEMO-FSX

The plot thickens ::)

Wolter Berlin wasn't the culprit it was just the backup install cfg file I used to recover things, I have no clue yet as to what caused it but at this point I'm just happy to have things back without a Mammoth reinstall of over 365gigs worth of ORBX software and aircraft and addons not what I have planned for my weekend that's for sure ;-)

Yay! A result!!!!

@wolter - this worries me also - that other developers' software (Aerosoft in this case) could have such a disastrous effect on FSX. It's worth raising on the Aerosoft forums.

I have no other scenery outside ORBX (other than the odd FTX-friendly bit of freeware), being too worried that such a thing could happen.

Adam.

I've just installed the Demo and no adverse effects, so it's backup of the cfg file has saved the day here.

Yep, looks like the NE Berlin demo installer backed up a working scenery.cfg file which could be used for 'recovery' here.

I used the NE Berlin demo as well, and currently have NE Germany active, and I am not aware of any conflicts there with ORBX scenery.

EDIT:

Could this issue be related to the Aerosoft Antarctica exclusion thingy? Does the TS have AS Antarctica installed?

Archived