Re Trees

teecee

I bought "Trees" on the first day of release, and although I was happy to pay the small price for anything that might help framerate I did not see anything that impressed me..I flew in the UK and Northern USA, And did not see anything with the "wow" factor.. That changed this morning as I was taxiing out to the runway at YPEC, I was amazed at the variety and colours of the trees..What a treat they are..Thank you Orbx.

Click on the screenie for the full effect.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/wrG

YPECTrees.jpg

I like to think that what OrbX does is not something thrown together just for the sake of making money. OrbX products are elaborate pieces of software. There's always a "Wow" factor. They would never release a product like Trees HD if it didn't have the high professional standards we all expect to find.

It is a superb add on.  The trees looked good before but this is an amazing improvement.

I like to think that what OrbX does is not something thrown together just for the sake of making money. OrbX products are elaborate pieces of software. There's always a "Wow" factor. They would never release a product like Trees HD if it didn't have the high professional standards we all expect to find.

I would never think twice about buying anything ORBX puts out, never had any problems.

Does it actually help FPS or did you take a hit?

No frame hit on my set up, but I don't know if it has improved it either.  I only brought it for the trees!

Matt.. Not as I  can see..Aus and in particular the bush is probably 90% or more eucalyptus, and after installing Trees it is still 90% or more eucalyptus.. It was something that I expressed concern about before release, so I was happy to see the result.. Teecee.

PS: There are many deciduous trees in and around many of the big cities in RL.

Thanks all, glad you are enjoying them :)

To answer Matt's question, Trees HD will retain the current tree types that you see in your sim now, but just gives them better, higher-resolution textures. So if you have the FTX AU regions installed, you will still see eucalyptus as teecee said, but they will have a new, improved look to them.

- Scott

• 1 month later...

Bought Trees HD today. I see a noticeable improvement to CPU and graphics card load but in my opinion, this may be related to an update of FTX Central to FTX Central 2 and the ORBX libs while installing Trees HD.

The trees and wood areas are remarkable nicer and more detailed, not only from airplaine but also from tower view.

I think, this addon is worth its prize...

By the way, I run DX10 with Steve's DX10 fixer - at the moment, everything works as before.

Archived