NVIDIA WHQL 350.12

Adam Howarth

Honestly, I installed this driver for GTA V and it gives me only troubles. First, all DSR modes were suddenly deactivated. Then, I realized that also other settings reverted back (I did not do a "new install"). Finally, GTA V crashes every 5 Minutes with a nVidia-related .dll error. Same for some other games. FS I did not even dare to test. I am going back to one of the older releases now, to much issues here...

I have a 760 GT card...every time I upgrade beyond the 344 series, things just do not look right. the temptation to tweak is hard to overcome. But, with fps locked at 30, I constantly push up into the 29+ fps...as someone else says, I have to learn that if it ain't broke, don't fix it..... :-)

Sherm

I foolishly updated before reading the warnings here - found my altimeter wouldn't work, and then other graphics glitches appeared.  Serves me right - I've no intention of getting GTA V this side of budget anyway.  Rollback time.

Maybe it was me, but the installation of 350.12 ruined all my FSX-related settings. Meaning: all settings both in the nVidia control panel as well as in the nVidia inspector were back to default after the installation of this driver. Nice. Of course, I did not write my settings in the inspector down, bad mistake on my side...

Maybe it was me, but the installation of 350.12 ruined all my FSX-related settings. Meaning: all settings both in the nVidia control panel as well as in the nVidia inspector were back to default after the installation of this driver. Nice. Of course, I did not write my settings in the inspector down, bad mistake on my side...

Well, that's with every installation of a new nVidia driver. It's recommended to export all the relevant profiles with nVidia Inspector before the installation of the drivers.

Spirit

I've updated to the 350.12 driver in my laptop and FSX with DX10 doesn't present any problem by my side.

Also the settings in the NVIDIA control panel for FSX were preserved.

Did you do a "clean install" of the drivers?

Spirit

No, i don't, the process is simply automatic in Windows 8.1, you're asked to upgrade and the installer makes everything for you.

I have upgraded every NVIDIA driver update, once time i had the release message.

OK, but I never let Windows update do anything with the nVidia drivers and I handle it with a clean install using a tool to remove the old drivers.

Spirit

OK, but I never let Windows update do anything with the nVidia drivers and I handle it with a clean install using a tool to remove the old drivers.

Spirit

Agreed.   Hands down this is the best tool to clean/eradicate old Nvidia and AMD drivers before installing a new driver set:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Spirit

In my pc story i've never had problems with video drivers, maybe i was lucky ;) Windows 8 is very affordable, at least by my point of view.... never a problem, super fast, i really like it, even if at the beginning i have had a long learning curve. But i have to say, all the programs work, the os opens in seconds, very nice to work with the 64 bit applications.

For sure a clean install is safer, anyway til this moment i have upgraded 3 or 4 times the video drivers and everything went fine. The updater is managed by NVIDIA experience, not by the OS, i have upgraded from there, so it's an automation directly by NVIDIA.

Honestly, I installed this driver for GTA V and it gives me only troubles. First, all DSR modes were suddenly deactivated. Then, I realized that also other settings reverted back (I did not do a "new install"). Finally, GTA V crashes every 5 Minutes with a nVidia-related .dll error. Same for some other games. FS I did not even dare to test. I am going back to one of the older releases now, to much issues here...

Not only did I have no issues with FSX, neither did I have issues with the hunting simulator "TheHunter" (played for 6 hours), plus I didn't have any single crash or glitch in GTA V in almost 15 hours.

The driver doesn't have any problem. You need to properly uninstall, then use Guru3D's Display Driver Uninstaller. As for DSR modes deactivated, that was the case with me too, but is that really such an issue? All you have to do is check the appropriate check boxes, takes a few seconds at the most.

As for anyone losing Nvidia inspector settings; that's what Nvidia Inspector's export function is for, to make backups. I make a backup of every edited profile.

Backup people....do the same FSX or P3D....I just can't say it enough.

Well, after a cleaning and proper re-installation of this driver I have to correct my negative statement. I was able to play GTA V over an hour yesterday without any issue and also FSX worked flawlessly. Seems to be a fact that I somehow installed the driver wrong in the first place. I remembered that I onced installed a modded driver to enable DSR, might be that some remainings of this modded driver did not go well with this newest release. Everything's fine now.

GTA V is one of the best games ever produced, according to me. I play it in my PS3, but i am sure that also on PC is amazing! :)

I knew that deep deep inside you have a dark soul, Maurizio :lol::ph34r:

I always use "window safemode without network" and then DDU un-installer . Works like a charm.

Latest driver also installed because of GTA V  . Did not try it on consoles though but its amazing . Only played about 1-2 hours so far. 60fps 1920x1200 is a blast (Very high settings, FXAA on ,no AA)

Michael Moe

I7-4770K stock speed for now (4,6ghz in P3Dv2)

GTX780SC EVGA

8GB -1600 DDR3

Raptor 300GB 

SSD128 Windows 7 64bit

Archived