FTX Central 2 - Thank You ! .

BradB

I just want to say thank you to Ben and other's who made this new FTX Central possible . The SP for Norway installed

flawlessly . No more hunting for SP's anymore or new releases . I am a Orbx Fanatic and proud of it . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

On the subject of Norway. FTX Central started to update it and it finished with 'some files failed to download'. I tried again but that was when the lights went out. Oddly enough the update flag disappeared. I checked the version and it said 'FTX EU NOR Norway V1.10 Patch 001 April 2015'

Should I download it again?

EDIT: I will download it again just to be safe.

I just want to say thank you to Ben and other's who made this new FTX Central possible . The SP for Norway installed

flawlessly . No more hunting for SP's anymore or new releases . I am a Orbx Fanatic and proud of it . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

I totally agree Brad the new FTX Central is exactly what is needed although I only have about 10 to 15 ORBX products installed it has simplified the application administration and I could imagine how some have gone through headaches  .... 5 out of 5 stars to ORBX on this and HD Trees

Dreamer

Quote " I am a Orbx Fanatic and proud of it . :smile:::) " ;)

Just installed Norway SP1 via FTX Central 2 into P3D2 and FSX:SE in parallel. This is really a pleasure, even visually with the background image. That whole FTX Central 2 has been thought out and designed very well. Thanks!

Kind regards, Michael

Do you have to uninstall version 1 first?

Nope... you can leave version 1 where it is and just remove the shortcut from your desktop (some older installers still look for it).

Version 2 will do everything version 1 does, but better and won't interfere in any way.

I wonderful feature I would really appreciate on FTX Central 2 would be an automatic download of all my previously bought products.

For example, havind to re-install my simulator from start, I would be happy to install just FTX central 2, insert all of my order numbers and click launch.

FTX Central could then download all the up to date files and install them (it would take a long time, but at least it's all automated).

Do you have to uninstall version 1 first?

I installed Version 2 and found Version One icon still on screen but after performing some settings and installed FTX Trees HD. On the next started of my computer Version 1 icon is found missing. Is it normal ?

On the subject of Norway. FTX Central started to update it and it finished with 'some files failed to download'. I tried again but that was when the lights went out. Oddly enough the update flag disappeared. I checked the version and it said 'FTX EU NOR Norway V1.10 Patch 001 April 2015'

Should I download it again?

EDIT: I will download it again just to be safe.

Good question Ron, considering what happened in your case. My update went properly and the download information window showing the number of files being/needing updating and another window opening to show the actual installation of the files, that's the way to to do it! I switched to EU before doing the update so I don't know how that would have shown up as being done automatically by FTXC2.

It does raise a few questions in my mind (and maybe this should be in the support area but your post triggered my questions).

1. I also wonder in your situation if you would need to do the over-install manually as FTXC2 thinks it's up to date?

2. Does FTXC2 have some proprietary download managing sofware to insure a proper end result ("file sync to speed up updates")?

3. While FTXC2 does give you access to Aero and Lights Config and Vector Config updating the Orbx libs updating still appears to be done outside of FTXC2.

My update seemed to go by the numbers, with the exception of the non-operation of the green left to right progress bar in Vector AEC showing the elevation corrections being installed, everything else seemed to go "by the numbers".

When updating all the flies some 1641 files there is one file that will not get past my security software Mcafee   so all the fioles updated but 1 .,.,. should that be okay? 

Now that is curious, my file count needin updating was 2244?

Oops, never mind, my update was for Norway which I don't see on your list.

Good question Ron, considering what happened in your case. My update went properly and the download information window showing the number of files being/needing updating and another window opening to show the actual installation of the files, that's the way to to do it! I switched to EU before doing the update so I don't know how that would have shown up as being done automatically by FTXC2.

1. I also wonder in your situation if you would need to do the over-install manually as FTXC2 thinks it's up to date?

I downloaded it old fashioned stylee. Installed it as if nothing had happened. Seems OK. Can't think of why it wouldn't be really.

I do not have such a good experience and I am still waiting for a working FTX Central V2. I cannot switch groups - former named "regions". With many posts from Ben I hope this piece of software will run as good as V1.

Fritz

I can't wait to try it.  When will FTXCentral 2 become available to the general public?

Oh and the download does not have the FTX Central 2 installer.  FTXORBXLIBS_150331.zip 

Regards

jja

Archived