Steward CZST

abta

I tried that, but still no grass at Stewart.

I went to ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CZST\Scenery and ran ModuleInstaller.exe to re-insert Objectflow but it did not solve my problem.

Everyhing seems to be there, I can see the hangars and so on but no grass.

Are there any other ideas?

Steward allways worked for me, but now it makes trouble in my new installation of FSX

I am using FS Global 2010 for the first time. Could this cause such a problem?

Hi there,

FS Global terrain won't have any influence on the grass objects. Their display is controlled by the Objectflow module meaning if it doesn't show that's where the issue lies. Did you receive the pop-up message regarding ObjectFlow_CZST.dll after first installing CZST as described by Alex in the thread linked above? If not then something is preventing the installer to write that entry into your dll.xml file, located in C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, the same folder that also contains the fsx.cfg file.

If you load dll.xml into Wordpad or Notepad you should see an entry like the one below

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_CZST.dll</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>D:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CZST\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CZST.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Cheers, Holger

Actually I can not remember whether I received the pop-up message regarding ObjectFlow_CZST.dll after first installing CZST.

But in the trusted section of FSX.cfg CZST is listed:

F:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CZST\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CZST.dll

So obviously I've got this message.

Also my xml.dll looks exactly like in your quote:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow_CZST.dll</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>F:\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CZST\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CZST.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Everything seems to be right, but it isn't.

I installed Stewart Airport over the existing installation, but the result was still the same. No grass at Stewart.

I can't imagine any other solutions and need some help please.

Thanks for your effords

Hi,

I think all your problems come certainly from a mess of FSX entries into your Windows registry. Where is it currently installed and why some time installer points to the default path? Make a check up in that way

All my problems? I count two problems. An error in Monument Vallay which seems to be a bug of this scenery because several people confirmed this bug, after I have told them, when it becomes visible.

And the other problem is the missing grass at Stewart. There is no mess in my FSX.

It is a frech installation of Windows 7 professional 64bit and a frech installation of FSX. The only addons installed so far are sceneries by orbx and fs global 2010.

UAC is disabled and I followed official install guides.

No I just mean this topic. I detect several problems which may come multiple entries into the registry. ObjectFlow is a whole of technologies , not only one unique file

See some resolved topic about moving fsx from a drive to another. Nick gave some tips to check and change the registry. FSX shouldn't have differents entries

Not to move, just to see the process to change entries into registry. Your FSX is on a external drive but there are legacy from a previous installation that mess all the process even if installations are fine

Sorry, but you are completely wrong. There was no previous installation on this Computer, I have set up the computer entirely new, there can't be any previous artefacts from any previous FSX installation.

It might help the case if it was, but your approach is misleading.

I don't want to miss this beautiful scenery and I can't go on with the installation of my other addons until my problem is solved. Is there really no solution?

I went my CZST airport to check if there is the same situation as #abta and yes - no grass. It's early spring now but I don't know if it's effect anything. 1.10 patch installed and usinng FTX Central V2 with latest library. There is no option to select grass into CZST Control Panel...

Cycle central between default and NA once or twice not help.

Thanks a lot Bruce Hamilton, you are my hero today. Obviously ObjectFlow is much more sophisticated than I thought and in my old FSX Installation I can't remember to be flown at Stewart in early spring at least once. That's why I was used to see grass next to the runway. I checked that all my installations were up to date and then you came up with this idea. So I discontinued my personal trend to fly real time with date set to the real date. I chose a day in mid Summer to test your idea and the grass I was used to see was visible again.

So it seems to be correct this way and there was no problem at any time. I am sorry for having disturbed you with this issue.

Just to be sure that there really is no bug, could someone official confirm that ObjectFlow is as sophisticated?

If so....I am overwhelmed by this realism.

Best regards

Thanks a lot Bruce Hamilton, you are my hero today. Obviously ObjectFlow is much more sophisticated than I thought and in my old FSX Installation I can't remember to be flown at Stewart in early spring at least once. That's why I was used to see grass next to the runway. I checked that all my installations were up to date and then you came up with this idea. So I discontinued my personal trend to fly real time with date set to the real date. I chose a day in mid Summer to test your idea and the grass I was used to see was visible again.

So it seems to be correct this way and there was no problem at any time. I am sorry for having disturbed you with this issue.

Just to be sure that there really is no bug, could someone official confirm that ObjectFlow is as sophisticated?

If so....I am overwhelmed by this realism.

Best regards

Confirmed, Ojectflow is the culprit...I show no grass today, but full grass in August. :)

Archived