a texture under the texture at Cottonwood / Sedona

wazemus

I all,

the texture at Cottonwood Airport quarrels with another below (you can even read "Cottonwood" by intermittent) and when I'm closer it disappears in favor of the above texture. Is this normal?

Thank you for this so much beautifull aera !

pierre

cottonwood.jpg

Mmh strange. My runway is in black not in grey and the taxiway and parking aera is flickering with this texture under the gray one. Never seen that nowhere before.

it's very strange because this is exactly the texture can be seen on google earth...

it's not a big problem because it disappears when I'm close (on final) but it intrigues me to know what is the secret of this "mechanical" mystery...(and as we can see the runway's black !)

G'day Pierre,

Could you please drop the attached bgl file into your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSEZ\scenery folder (replacing the existing one) and see if this results in removing the lettering? I didn't include the lettering in my final version of Cottonwood as it was causing z-bias (flickering) problems.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Westsim_Sedona_Placement_Cottonwood_Airport.zip

I think Bruce might have the answer here.

Considering that the lettering does not come with KSEZ package and you are seeing it, there must be another APX file for P52 somewhere. I would recommend doing a search for it "P52" in your sim folder.

Also note that the depending on 3rd party textures (REX, FEX etc) the apron surfaces will appear different depending on what you texture you have set. 

This is how Cottonwood looks like at my end. You will note my runway textures are totally different to Voyager's

post-650-0-50817700-1428012747_thumb.jpg

No the only p52 i have is on Vector/scenery/p52.bgl. But what you see on my images posted is that the Jarrad tarmac layer does not cover the photo texture below. This is not an added texture. (it's the google earth texture with planes on tarmac, etc). For some strange reason that appears only on my pc/fsx, Jarrad texture is flickering and lets see photorealistic texture below ...mayby it's a conflict with REX. I will try.

Hi Jarrad,

it's looking like this and the polygons is flickering....we can see the grass through the runway, etc.

without.jpg

and oups I have the problem a little bit everywhere AND with elevation problems like at 19AZ (close to Cottonwood)

19AZ.jpg

Maybe a Vector problem? Is it normal my Vector AEC position in the library ?

library.jpg

I solved the problem of flickering texture by refreshing my fsx.cfg. (too much tweaking stuff) You can consider this topic as solved. I now migrates to the Vector forum for my Vector problems.

Thank you!

pierre

Archived