FTX HD Trees... The Preview Video Series, Australia...

Hi all...

Continuing the previews, here is theAustralian preview video for the HD Trees package. Pictures say a thousand words, this will give you an idea of what to expect in flight  :)

Remember, this is still in early Alpha there's a long way to go yet, but despite the early state, the improvements are clear.

So, Enjoy the new HD Tree preview for Australia SP4... We recomend playing this video in full 1080p resolution to really get the full impression  :)

EDIT...

This video has now been superceeded by a NEW totally global video of the soon to be with us FTX HD Trees!

Go to this link to check it out:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94945-ftx-hd-trees-so-close-you-can-smell-the-pine/

I am sorry for the OT question, but could you shed some light on your cloud draw distance settings etc.? I really love how the horizon appears in this vid, I still struggle with a interrupted display at the horizon, meaning that I can clearly see the cloud draw distance end and the horizon with a visible gap inbetween. I already tried to play around with the settings and the settings inside FSGRW, but I still see this gap most of the time.

Alpha or not this is surely eye candy taking trees to yet another level of reality! I look forward to the "my last shots" statement from Iain. Hopefully someday the sudden disappearence of traffic can be solved as well in a not too distant future, but I am mighty impressed by FTX trees.

I am sorry for the OT question, but could you shed some light on your cloud draw distance settings etc.? I really love how the horizon appears in this vid, I still struggle with a interrupted display at the horizon, meaning that I can clearly see the cloud draw distance end and the horizon with a visible gap inbetween. I already tried to play around with the settings and the settings inside FSGRW, but I still see this gap most of the time.

It might well be a function of ActiveSky Next... My weather engine of choice. It has a setting that adjusts my sim cloud draw distance to 90nm... But I don't touch it in FSX. I just let ASN do it's thing and it seems to work quite nicely :)

A bit of Aussie slang seems apt here.. "fanbl**dytastic" and "mate, yer bloods worth bottlin' " Oh yes, and it's great to see that you have got rid of those garish Autumn textures.. I truly am hangin' out for this one..Teecee.

Archived