S93 (Thanks Misha!)

Benny

At last!

Some intelligent, smooth, non swish-panning editing enabling the viewer to actually focus on the subject material.

Nice one Ben.

Thanks guys, just having fun.

As I'm French speaking I had to research what swish-panning meant.... not even sure after a read the description :blink:

I lost interest in long flight between airport unless it's with the F-15, I'm having fun lately doing only little movie. Part of the fun is editing them. Let's say that you film a 1 minute clip and get the best of it in 5-10 second...

What I know is if you want to end up on a product page you need to focus on the scenery and the best it as to offer. Plane should never take more then 0 to1/4 of the screen unless you in the cockpit.

Without EZDOK nothing like that would be possible.

But it's easy to fill 5-10 minutes in Cle Elum 8)

Ben

Thanks guys, just having fun.

As I'm French speaking I had to research what swish-panning meant.... not even sure after a read the description :blink:

I lost interest in long flight between airport unless it's with the F-15, I'm having fun lately doing only little movie. Part of the fun is editing them. Let's say that you film a 1 minute clip and get the best of it in 5-10 second...

What I know is if you want to end up on a product page you need to focus on the scenery and the best it as to offer. Plane should never take more then 0 to1/4 of the screen unless you in the cockpit.

Without EZDOK nothing like that would be possible.

But it's easy to fill 5-10 minutes in Cle Elum 8)

Ben

Well said Ben,

hours of flying recording rewinding and finding the sweet spot :) You found em as the vid shows.

quite right Ben - I used the term swish-pan in the wrong context - it doesn't apply to editing ...

many of the videos in this thread are full of non stop Track-Ir shots tacked together giving constant camera shots panning left to right and back again ...

The viewer has no chance to focus on anything except a blur ...

You have avoided that trap with excellent results ...

Alan

Haaaa.. ok, I get it now. I do that sometime like I did with monument valley, trying to replicate a jet pilot POV.

I like your comment and the way it was said.... very constructive and very polite.

It's so hard t please everyone, basically it's impossible.

What I have learned since a year.

-not to long, after 8 minutes you may loose a lot of people

-Short sequence, long one get boring.

-Good music or great engine sound, a mix of both feel like it's perfect

-EZDOK is a must but it need to be used with moderation

-The right altitude, to low or to hight is bad

-Panning is good but not to often

-25% of the screen should be left to the scenery

-Not always need a plane to show part of the scenery.

It's like doing a pop song, coming back 2- 3 time with a punch keep your audience alive.

Thanks, Ben

Great video Ben loved it ;-) The music added to it but didn't detract from it and as you've said just the right height and mix of scenery and aircraft shots, I wouldn't know where to start to make a video like this so keep up the good work for us ALL to enjoy :-)

• 1 month later...

Archived