WARNING! latest Norton update crashes Internet Explorer 11

Thanks Wolter. Anyway, for years I don't have any anti-virus or security suite in my machine, not even MS Security something. Don't even run IE11 (and never will). Only Chrome. Occasionally I download AVG Free to do a quick check and then uninstall it. 

I think it is two things most people have moved away from now. Norton and McAfee reminds me of people who bought generators in 1999 thinking the power was going to go out on 01/01/00.....Generator companies made a fortune on people fears. Norton does the same.

I do use Chrome and MS Security Essentials because they are free, essentials uses very little resources and I am not worried about Google spying on me because I live in New Zealand and we are extremely boring to watch.    :lol:

A few years ago a McAfee update prevented the computer from accessing the internet (including emails) and they didn't notify users about it. Irate users wanted McAfee classed as malware. Can Nortons now be classed as malware also ? ;D

I have never used in my life MS stuff for Internet. Netscape all the way, now Firefox or Chrome. Thunderbird for e-mail.

It's been 10 years without a Norton or any real virus protection software.

I so agree with Matthew.

Ben

Archived