Orbx Lib. 150215

GrayRider

I installed the newest library late yesterday. I keep getting an error when I start my FSX. It says:

Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add-on):

Name: Dynamig Object placement.

Version: 1,0,10,1

Company: Unknown

File: F;\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTZAA_ORBXLIB\ObjectFlow.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?. Note. I did run it, not knowing one way or another.

To avoid seeing this message in the future,uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when when flight simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:www.fsinsider.com.

I thought this new library was adding something new so to speak. I'm only an FSX user. I don't have SE or P3D.

So now the above error comes up every time I start my FSX?. How do I stop or remove this error from showing up. I hope I didn't mess anything up at this point.

GrayRider

GreyRider,

in this same thread is a post titled:

Dynamig Object Placement "error report" after CRM patch

it explains all about the error your seeing.  Basically you just click through all the text and let it do its thing and then the error will not show any longer.

Of course if you have some non-standard installation of your FSX that may not be the case but at least it is worth a try.

I guess that means. Start my FSX again, and when the error comes up. Should I select Yes or No??., and continue with the prompts to run the software, even though it say( not recommended), as I did before, and see what happens.

I don't have any third party addons other than OZx and RTMM addons.

GrayRider

I guess that means. Start my FSX again, and when the error comes up. Should I select Yes or No??., and continue with the prompts to run the software, even though it say( not recommended), as I did before, and see what happens.

I don't have any third party addons other than OZx and RTMM addons.

GrayRider

I would like to know the answer to this one too....!?!  When I click "No" the first time, I went through all of the "object flow" run protocols and she seem to work....  But now each time I load FSX I get the same screen again!!!

What gives!?!?

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Wy9

Hi  

your help,please.

I too have installed the lastest Library and since then periodically in flight and now on the ground the screen freezes and a huge amount of small green squares appear all over the screen. It then goes black for a few seconds and the picture then returns.  the sound remains the same. Sometimes this repeats 3,4, 5 times and freezes for longer periods, very frustrating!!!!!

I too do not have the FSX Steam Version installed.  How can I revert back to the libruary I had installed pre installing this one. Everything worked fine then!

Cheers

Rhys

I just got this too started another thread I will close.

And now FXS is telling me to re-approve all the objectflow dlls.

And now I check my fsx cfg after closing fsx and have duplicate entries on all orbx trusted software entries.

LOL!

we are aware of it, simple, clear out the FTX entries in the Trusted section of your fsX cfg and run the ObjectFlowUpdate.exe located at ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

When you fire up fsX then it will ask to confirm the various objectflow dll's, this is so the new dll's get registered in the system, once done that all should be fine again

we are aware of it, simple, clear out the FTX entries in the Trusted section of your fsX cfg and run the ObjectFlowUpdate.exe located at ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

When you fire up fsX then it will ask to confirm the various objectflow dll's, this is so the new dll's get registered in the system, once done that all should be fine again

This seems to have fixed the issue for me.

If you are a traditional FSX user ie not a steam user, dont tick the run box!!! Ive about gone bald trying to work it out, to not have the objectflow.dll option pop up every time you run FSX, go into FSX Orbx file where ever you have it saved, and delete said file from the AU registry. 

If you are a traditional FSX user ie not a steam user, dont tick the run box!!! Ive about gone bald trying to work it out, to not have the objectflow.dll option pop up every time you run FSX, go into FSX Orbx file where ever you have it saved, and delete said file from the AU registry. 

If you click on Run the first time you are asked, you will not see the request again.

You may wish to delete the Objectflow.dll but please don't advise others that it is

a good idea.

Its absence will disable all Objectflow objects.

OK. No more installing the library after installing new scenery. I'll just run the configurator.

Or maybe delete the latest library and go back to the old one?

Noel

The new Libs are required for Cle Elum since they contain necessary object files.

Typically with newer airports you don't have to reinstall the latest Libs, since they don't include library files. But older airports may have them, and so will require a reinstall of the latest Orbxlibs

After installing the new library I kept getting this message when starting FSX.

File: F;\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTZAA_ORBXLIB\ObjectFlow.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?.

To avoid seeing this message in the future,uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when when flight simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:www.fsinsider.com.

Then Wolter posted this:

My question is now that I have installed Cle Elum I am confused as to whether or not to run the new library again.  Will the error message return?  And if it does will I have to follow Wolter's instructions again?

Why is the new library causing that error message to appear?

Noel (really getting confused here) 

Seems to work Wolter.  I ran the new library file and started up FSX,  I go the message that it was building a new scenery database.  Then I went to Cle Elum and it looks like everything is there and I do have objectflow.  Checked for object flow at KORS also.  Everything looks normal now.

Thanx.

Noel

Archived