FSX:MS will not properly load out CNK4 Parry Sound Area Muni Airport

Orbx Flyer

After purchasing the airport, I loaded it into both P3D v2.4 and FSX:MS

It loads out fine in P3D v2.4, and runs normally, no errors..... but when trying to load out to the GA Small 1 parking position using FSX:MS, I get the following WINDOW error message:

Failed to load texture ORB_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS

Then I am placed on the tarmac. As soon as I try to move, or pan around, the above message window keeps cropping up. If I fly over the airport, the same message window keeps popping up.  

What can be done about this, please.   I tried to run the installer again, but as soon as it found the first installation, did not rewrite over, but immediately went to 'the software is installed' message.

Interesting.  There's a file in ORBXLIBS named ORBX_SRA_Objects_2.dds.  I'm guessing something has gone wrong in the decompression or install.

If you want to reinstall, just go to the ORBX Folder, then the FTX_GLOBAL folder, and delete the FTX_AA_CNK4 folder.

Also if you want you can run a search in the ORBX Scripts folder and delete the scenerylib_FTX_AA_CNK4.cfg file as well.

Run FSX to confirm the default CNK4 is OK.  

Reinstall.

Make sure no other programs are running during the install, although CPUs nowadays are pretty good at multitasking, errors can still creep in.

If the same problem appears it might be necessary to re-download, though I consider a fault in the zip file to be very unlikely as the checksum is supposed to prevent errors.

Interesting.  There's a file in ORBXLIBS named ORBX_SRA_Objects_2.dds.  I'm guessing something has gone wrong in the decompression or install.

If you want to reinstall, just go to the ORBX Folder, then the FTX_GLOBAL folder, and delete the FTX_AA_CNK4 folder.

Also if you want you can run a search in the ORBX Scripts folder and delete the scenerylib_FTX_AA_CNK4.cfg file as well.

Run FSX to confirm the default CNK4 is OK.  

Reinstall.

Make sure no other programs are running during the install, although CPUs nowadays are pretty good at multitasking, errors can still creep in.

If the same problem appears it might be necessary to re-download, though I consider a fault in the zip file to be very unlikely as the checksum is supposed to prevent errors.

Ok...I'll try what you wrote here.   After installing both in P3D v2.4 and FSX:MS, I (always) reinstalled both ORB Lib's...(the very latest)...and as stated, this is not occurring in P3D usage.

Post Edit:   Just deleted the folder...and the script.  I re-ran the full installer...to FSX:MS, and I still get the same message as posted.  If I try to pan outside view...the window pops up, that it can't load that texture.  Perhaps there is a fatal error in the installer for the FSX portion.  Still need help to allow a good and usable installation for FSX:MS.  I will go to the FlightSim Store and re-download the installer file, while perhaps you folks come up with a solution.  Thanks...

Post Edit 2:  Just re-downloaded the install zip from a different server choice on The FlightSim Store...and after installation to FSX:MS, the same error...FSX:MS can not load that above texture.  I think there is something wrong with your FSX install 'side' of the installation program for this airport.  I'll await a further help response to get me a working FSX:MS Parry Sound installation, with no texture load error windows popping up.

Post Edit 3:   Completely removed your Parry Sound airport, both folder and script...and then fired up FSX:MS, to the default Parry Sound.  No problem...no windows...clean to the airport.  The fault does lie with your installer, and/or files in that installer for the FSX side of things.  Again, please post a fix to this thread, to get me running with your ORBX Parry Sound. Thanks in advance.

I can replicate your error message if I rename the texture and add

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 the [sCENERY] section to my fsx.cfg file.

Otherwise I do not see it, even with the line added.

The name of the texture is ORBX_SRA_Objects_2.dds and it is contained

in the texture folder of the ORBX library, as John says above.

It should have been replaced if you downloaded and installed the latest version

for FSX/P3Dv1.

You could try a search for the file in ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Texture.

I should stress that the texture is not part of or installed by the Parry Sound installer,

so repeated downloads and installs of it will not address the problem.

I can replicate your error message if I rename the texture and add

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 the [sCENERY] section to my fsx.cfg file.

Otherwise I do not see it.

The name of the texture is ORBX_SRA_Objects_2.dds and it is contained

in the texture folder of the ORBX library.

It should have been replaced if you downloaded and installed the latest version

for FSX/P3Dv1.

You could try a search for the file in ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Texture.

I should stress that the texture is not part of or installed by the Parry Sound installer,

so repeated downloads and installs of it will not address the problem.

Thank you...I'll look into this...and re-download the two Lib's again....

Post Edit:   I downloaded the latest (already had it..but...) lib's again and installed them. I then reinstalled Parry Sound...and the same message pops up. It can't find the texture being called upon in the ORBXLIBS....so is not loading it into the airport. In the Lib...I have the two following:

ORBX_SRA_Objects_2.dds

ORBX_SRA_Objects_2a.dds

If so...why can't FSX:MS call up one of these files and load it into the Parry Sound Muni scenery, when obviously, the scenery is looking for the top one!!!

Final Edit:  I set the ShowMissingTextureAlert=1  to 0= OFF, and that hid the missing texture message, BUT...that does not mean that the call for that texture is actually now loading into the FSX:MS scene.  So...something is amiss with the Parry Sound Muni scenery. I turned off the Show Missing Texture alert, so as not to be bothered by it.  I hope the Dev looks into this..and makes a correction.   Thanks for your help.

'Final Edit:  I set the ShowMissingTextureAlert=1  to 0= OFF, and that hid the missing texture message, BUT...that does not mean that the call for that texture is actually now loading into the FSX:MS scene.  So...something is amiss with the Parry Sound Muni scenery. I turned off the Show Missing Texture alert, so as not to be bothered by it.  I hope the Dev looks into this..and makes a correction.   Thanks for your help.'

That missing texture alert line I believe should only be used to diagnose errors in scenery display.  I don't think it was ever designed to be left on, as most complex scenery packages that have been developed as part of a team will show missing texture calls.  I remember that when we were all trying to chase down CTDs in the PNW scenery it was turned on but it drove me crazy, every time I started FSX I had to dismiss dozens of alerts, none of which seemed to affect the scenery display.

However now that the alert has been raised I'm sure Vlad will put it into the first service pack for the airport.

'Final Edit:  I set the ShowMissingTextureAlert=1  to 0= OFF, and that hid the missing texture message, BUT...that does not mean that the call for that texture is actually now loading into the FSX:MS scene.  So...something is amiss with the Parry Sound Muni scenery. I turned off the Show Missing Texture alert, so as not to be bothered by it.  I hope the Dev looks into this..and makes a correction.   Thanks for your help.'

That missing texture alert line I believe should only be used to diagnose errors in scenery display.  I don't think it was ever designed to be left on, as most complex scenery packages that have been developed as part of a team will show missing texture calls.  I remember that when we were all trying to chase down CTDs in the PNW scenery it was turned on but it drove me crazy, every time I started FSX I had to dismiss dozens of alerts, none of which seemed to affect the scenery display.

However now that the alert has been raised I'm sure Vlad will put it into the first service pack for the airport.

Thanks for the reply...and much appreciated!  I turned off the call...and Parry Sound in FSX:MS is not displaying that not-loading texture.  John...a question, do you know what that SRA dds file is...and might it perhaps be a corrupted file in the Scenery LIB, that FSX and perhaps P3D cannot bring into either of the sims?  I guess that P3D also can not bring it in..but does not have that flag to bring up a message window, to that effect.  I'm sure that Vlad will take care of it as you say, but still, I am curious as to what is NOT being displayed, until he gets around to it. ;)

Cheers,

PNW guy.

I don't see the error message even with the line in my fsx.cfg file.

Tell me, does the error message read
ORB_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS
or does it read
ORBX_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS

The file is a texture sheet which is a set of textures for various items
contained in one .dds file.
If you want to see what it looks like, find it in the folder I described above
and you can open it in Windows Photo Viewer using the right click preview function
in Windows file explorer

I don't see the error message even with the line in my fsx.cfg file.

Tell me, does the error message read

ORB_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS

or does it read

ORBX_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS

The file is a texture sheet which is a set of textures for various items

contained in one .dds file.

If you want to see what it looks like, find it in the folder I described above

and you can open it in Windows Photo Viewer using the right click preview function

in Windows file explorer

Nick, the error reports: ORBX_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS  as the bad-boy not being loaded into Parry Sound.

Try this as an experiment, copy the ORBX_SRA_OBJECTS_2.DDS file from the texture folder in Orbxlibs to the texture folder of CNK4 and set the texture alert to 1 again and see if the message disappears.

OK Ed..just saw your post..and will do that. So, you think it will call and 'locate' that particuar file being in its root location?  I will try this...set the call to active..and report back on this thread. Thanks for your suggestion!

Post Edit:  Ed, I did just as you suggested...copied the above noted file directly into CNK4's texture folder, turned on the Missing Texture Notification line...and unfortunately....at the end of the load cycle, the window still came up, that FSX:MS, could not load in that file.  Ed, could the latest Orbxlib's holding this file, have this file in a corrupted state that FSX (and I suspect P3D as well) can not use?  I have no software writing experience, and just ponder as a plebeian.

So again, great idea...but no-joy called.  ???

Archived