Unable to install PAHO airport

flyer767

Hello:

Before attempting to install PAHO I did the update for SAK to SP4 but did not restart FSX to reset the scenery files. FTX Central is set to North America. I have Framework 4.5.1.

I started the PAHO installer but the program will not proceed past about 75 % on the unwrapper.

I then restarted the computer and ran FSX to update the scenery. The installer unwrapper had the same behavior as listed above.

I cannot give you a file name because none is displayed. Also the computer does not lock up. The drive light is showing activity but no progress after about 30 minutes.

Is there a different installer program I can use?

Thanks

Don

Order Number: FSS0352455

OK so I downloaded the file again in both Firefox and IE to try and install another fresh copy but nothing has worked. The same problem as listed above is still occurring. I still cannot get to a point where the unwrapper program will complete.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Don

I have the same problem. Redownloaded about 5 times both with and without Internet Download Manager, and on another computer. File size in Winzip is 594 bytes smaller than quoted on Flightsim Store download every time.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers Michael.

The Queenstown update (v1.05) (NZQN) unwrapper doesn't go past 75 percent for me, even after re-download and switching off the virus-scanner etc. I've never had this problem before. Disk-space is no issue here. I will put off buying PAHO until this issue is resolved in some way to avoid disappointment.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with this issue I guess. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

FSS0234944 (NZQN)

(I run P3D2.4 on a hi-spec rig.)

Hello:

To answer the question about free space, I have 186Gigs open. I am glad to know I am not the only one with this problem but I am not happy it has happened.

I have disabled Norton Firewall and Virus scanner also.

Can we get a fix for this ?

Thanks

Don

Hi Wolter. I redownloaded PNG Jackson and the Concrete triple installer and they unwrap correctly. It seems to be just Homer, Broome, Cairns and Queenstown. Can't unwrap any of them. I have recently purchased Kaspersky AntiVirus but that seems to not be the problem as I paused that. I also tried Getright but no difference. Also checksum did not match, if I checked correctly, but I am certainly no expert.

Thanks Michael.

No problems on this side, I have downloaded and installed Broome, Cairns and Queenstown and they all are working. I use IDM for downloading and they were from the Germany server. You may try another server.

Peter

Hi migar,

I am still looking into this issue but have so far not been able to replicate it. I know it's no good solution but can I get you to leave the wrapper to do it's things for a longer period of time, even if it take longer than 90 minutes and see how you go. It is definitely got to do with some new methods that have been implemented but why it's taking so long on a few people's computers is thus far eluding me.

Hi Adrian. Waited for Queenstown and finally unwrapped after 55 minutes this time. Tried  

unwrapping Broome triple, which has also unwrapped in 55 minutes.

In task manager there is a cmd.exe*32 command that seems to be on an endless loop.

I use Google Chrome and have installed Kaspersky antivirus about 3 weeks ago if that is of any use to you

Michael.   

Archived