AEC Tool and Default FSX Airport Issues

MZee1960

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can always save a profile in your documents before installing 1.15 then Just run patch 1.15, run the installer, run the vector tool again before closing the installer and do the same with 1.20, it's pretty strait forward.

Herman

thanks a looootttttttt Herman....you are a life saver..:D :D I just applied patches as you told..and ran the AEC tool...and then did a flight...checked all the airports LFPG, EBBR, VIDP, EDDS, KSEA...all the airports are perfect now..and everything is as good as it can be...without your advise this would not have been possible...:D :D

So for all those who have installed the vector 1.20 complete installer, do the following to prevent some anomalies from appearing in some airports:

1. Run the vector 1.15 patch over the 1.20. Start vector config tool and run AEC.

2. Again run vector 1.20 patch over this...and do the same. Run the latest orbx libraries...and voila...all the problems are now fixed...:D :D :D 

Thanks a ton Herman once again..

cheers

Yes, Yes,  Herman did a good job ! ! !  

I also did what Herman said and I checked some airports and they looked very good. (still have a tree problem on KHAX and KNFJ but someday  there will be a fix..?...? ) 

Thans again Herman

Cheers

Bert

Yes, Yes,  Herman did a good job ! ! !  

I also did what Herman said and I checked some airports and they looked very good. (still have a tree problem on KHAX and KNFJ but someday  there will be a fix..?...? ) 

Thans again Herman

Cheers

Bert

hey..again...fix for KHAX is already found by Herman... :) 

"go to your ORBX Vector folder and then open FTX_VECTOR_CVX  / scenery / and find the next entrie; 2219_LCP_Parks.bgl, change the extension to inactive and close all folders again. This disables the only park in that area, being the one over the airport and doesn't effect anything else in Vector".

and KNFJ..i am not seeing any issue...or Herman would say more about this airport...

cheers

Hi Guys !

Thank-you, Herman for all of your time and effort spent here on this issue.  Govind, also, a big 'Thank-you', for seeing me, as well as countless others, through this issue. Obviously something very pertinent based on the # of views here. You guys are like  'brothers'  to me in the virtual skies  (LOL) !  Last but not least, Thank-you, Bernd, for your input and help in bringing this issue into focus with fellow developers over at Pilot's.

After downloading the Vector V1.20, I ran the V1.15 and the V1.20 Patches over it, and my sim is back as it should be. I will still have to further play with the Tool, and disable more default airports as I find them, .......but it works, and I am ::) !  

Right now, I am dusting off all the cobwebs from my aircraft, and off to do some serious flying. My only problem right now is what Orbx scenery to get next ? Too bad none of the Airport freeware packs have any pictures. Hmmmm.

Dwm2015-02-0213-57-12-49.jpg

Talk to you guys later,

MZ

Hey Milan....

I was one of the first people to bring this issue in to notice by opening a thread about trees on everywhere in LFPG....but that thread went dormant....and  i even gave a hint that time itself that if all are not seeing this issue...it might be because its associated only with vector 1.20 complete installer about some missing bgl files as pointed out by Bernd...

But then .....i temporarily solved it by disabling EXX...and was really not happy with it since my shorelines are screwed up as well as some airport such as LCLK...but then i notified Richard many times..and no one gave a conclusion that it might be a problem with vector 1.20 complete installer having some missing bgl files...i went silent about this later on...and for many others who started to notice similar issues....i gave a temporary solution like this by disabling EXX..but yes this was not a perfect one..i knew tht...but even i didn’t know what the hell was happening...even Herman at that time too didn’t notice any issue with vector in his sim..and that time..it didn’t go in my mind to ask him whether he had patched vector from 1.10 to 1.15 to 1.20 or did a complete 1.20 install...so there again..it went unnoticed...and hence for about 2 months...there was no news of how to solve this..and my EXX were disabled permanently..

Then you come in to the forum..and start a similar topic....and i need to say at this point...you were the real person responsible for solving this..trust me....because you were totally determined in solving this issue and guided Herman well to think in the right direction...then all of a sudden i got dubious of whether Herman has done a complete install or patched his vector..i asked  him...he replied that he has done patches...and there was the clue...then about some missing bgl files in APT folder..which i guess made Herman think about this issue...and due to his generous mind..he installed the complete vector 1.20...and voilà...he found the same issues we were facing and hence came the awesome conclusion

about some missing bgl files or some AEC tool issue with vector 1.20 complete installer. Thereon, he also found a solution to this problem..which was done by many people and voilà again...that resolved all the issues including me. :) and for this i wholeheartedly thank Herman and without him..i guess this would have become another dormant thread.

So as a final conclusion...i need to thank you for starting this topic to throw lights on this issue, Herman for solving this by taking this problem as if its his own(even though he didn’t have any issues), Bernd for confirming that this issue is there with vector 1.20 complete installer and to all others who were involved in this thread for guiding and confirming whatever been told here..

cheers to all of you and happy flying.. :)

First off all, don't thank me for I've only done what somebody else would have done to if to know in what direction to look and like you said Govind, the pictures posted by Milan and comparing them to mine brought up the problem. I am a guy that just loves to solve problems and can't even sleep at night thinking to much of a solution but this one was, thanks to Milan's pictures an easy one. A couple of months back I spent 2 weeks about an average of 6 hours a day on finding a solution for the Austrian soaring mission that with almost everybody results in a "mission failed; landed out" result, even nailed that one, turned out the mission.spb ( wich is the code for a mission ) was written on a Monday morning by a guy with an enormous hangover, found 4 mistakes in that code with one not leading to any action but itself and another one saying " trigger action; landing LOWZ good leading to action  landed out, call crew. Got it working like it should and even flew a course record of 1u13 minutes.

Now for Milan, a good way to start investigating in further installs is the freeware packs from ORBX airports, the American ones come with an installer for all 20 packs at same time and look real nice, even some of them are in Canada, and some even in your area ( Winnipeg wright ) like CYAV, CJB3, CYPG, CKQ6 and CYBR but like always, run the latest lib after the install and run the ( now working LOL ) AEC tool because some of these will show up on the disabled side.

Hi Friet, for KNFJ there is no solution since FSX screwed this one up badly; they placed the RWY and aprons on a different location then the airport background, look at it top down view, you can compare that for yourself by going to the middle of the RWY in SLEW and write the coordinates ¨down and then compare them in Google Earth and then you will see that the airport background is actually at the right location and that is free of trees. The only way to correct this is like I did, moving the airport with ADE Pro, the key costs 10$ and is needed to move an airport, ADE itself is free and quit a nice toy to enhance airports yourself, a hobby next to the hobby, LOL. VTBP has the same issue as many RWY's in the central and South American region to, even with many placed in the middle of the ocean wich only gets you wet feet if you want to get out of your plane.

Herman

Hi Herman,

KNFJ is indeed not on the right location and maybe I look for ADE. 

As Covind wrote you did a great job so thanks again;     and now:    l e t 's   g o    f l y i n g      and  maybe it is possible that we meet  Covind; Milan and Bernd  on EBBL or EHTE to talk about  what happened the last month ! !   LOL

cheers

Bert

Hi Guys !

I first started with FSX back in around 2006. Got quickly tired of it as my machine at that time could barely run it on med settings, and there really was not much in the way of addons. When I built my system in 2012, I had no plans whatsoever of getting back into it. Then I saw a video online titled something like 'FSX as real as It gets' and my curiosity peaked as I knew what my default FSX looked like from the previous install, so I really had no idea what this guy was talking about. I watched his video and was amazed how it looked with all the addons he listed in the description below his vid.

Well, the rest is history ! With addons, I have learned, the hard way that if some small issues are ignored along the way, they can eventually lead to a complete 'sim collapse' and a complete FSX re-install. Therefore, I followed the guidelines of many in these and similar forums which basically boil down to 'make sure your newest addon plays well with everything else in FSX before you add more'. Hence my persistence in getting to the bottom of this issue, getting things fixed, so I, as well as countless others, can move on to other FSX acquisitions in confidence, knowing that the FSX foundation remains strong to continue to build upon.

Just goes to show the power of forums and posts in solving issues.

Thank-you, once again, to all who posted your comments here. I think the sim community will benefit from this for a long time to come.

.... I will now put the keyboard away, and go dust off some planes in the hangar. ::)

Cheers,
MZ

Fantastic job you guys!  I also had this problem with the full 1.20 download but going back and applying the patches over the top has solved the problem for me as well.  Special thanks to Herman for replicating the problem which he wasn't even experiencing!  And Govind for giving a temporary work around which allowed me to keep some functionality in the meantime.

Seems like this solution needs a new, simplified pinned announcement by the developers?

Hi,

I did everything as explained e.g. downloaded 1.15 as well as 1.20 and installed the updates. Now I have no more issues with trees ...... But what I recognized in P3D V2.4 is that at KDEN there are no taxiways...... runways, buildings, AI-planes are there....... Any suggestion how I could get also the taxiways?

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf, I don't know about that since I only have FSX and I don't know if it works for P3D, did you run the latest ORBX lib installer again? and did you try disabling it in the AEC tool? and maybe you could try to go to your FTX Vector APT folder and find the entrie for KDEN and change the extension from .bgl to .off to see if that helps, just some ideas.

Herman

Hi Rolf, I don't know about that since I only have FSX and I don't know if it works for P3D, did you run the latest ORBX lib installer again? and did you try disabling it in the AEC tool? and maybe you could try to go to your FTX Vector APT folder and find the entrie for KDEN and change the extension from .bgl to .off to see if that helps, just some ideas.

Herman

Hi Herman, thanks for the tips but unfortunately those did not help. As I am also running FSX I found out the in FSX everything is OK after installing the ORBX VECTOR updates as well as the libriaries. So I started to investigate and found out that there are problems with taxiways on certain P3D airports e. g. the problem has nothing to do with FTX - ORBX VECTOR: By the way the problem can be solved by using Airport Design Editor (newest version) / load the stock AP / menu item Lists / Taxi Links / Reset All Draw Flags / Close / Compile / add save the new bgl-file to P3D Addon scenery library and you will see the taxiways......

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So a few questions as I am still having the same issues.

1.) How do I see which version of Vector i'm running?

2.)Where do I go to find the V1.15 and V1.20 and all patches? 

And what are the exact steps I need to follow in order to fix this. It has made my sim unusable. 

I can attach pictures if need be.

Thank you! 

- Colton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello gentlemen,

I live in Kansas City, and the airport I fly out of is the Olathe Executive Airport, KOJC. I don't have any addons for this airport, just FSX stock. However, whether I disable or not this airport with Vector configuration tool, it makes no difference. The airport still looks like is sunk, surrounded by hills all around. Is there a way to expand the exclusion around the airport and make it look more realistic?

Nick,

I'm a little confused by your response:

So

1) FTX Central 2\Settings\Tools\Installed Products

2) https://www.fullterrain.com/support

At your account at the Flight Sim Store there is Vector Version 2,

Vector120.zip, 6.6 GB.

Download this.

Delete ORBX\FTX_VECTOR

Install Vector version 2.

When I bought Vector, I downloaded 2.0 back in August of 2014. Are you saying all I need to do is uninstall my current, but older Vector 2.0, then download the latest 2.0 and install?

Also, in 2) above, the link references the two patches 1.15 ad 2.0. Am I supposed to do something with those patches?

Bill Clark

The latest version of Vector, 1.20 has been available at the Flight Sim Store

since the end of February this year.

Please see this topic from the announcements forum

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/93549-vector-120-full-installer-fixed/?hl=vector

If you are having problems with Vector, the safest way to fix it is to download that version

from your account, delete the FTX_Vector folder from your Orbx folder and install again.

It looks perfectly OK here, though I have no addon mesh.

Untitled2.jpg

The Vector files should be in this state.

Untitled.jpg

My files looks just yours, and I don't have any addon mesh, so I don't understand why my airport looks so different than yours.

Never mind Nick, I realized that when I was depending on the FTX Vector configuration to automatically detect KOJC and disable it, but it wasn't. I went ahead and manually disabled KOJC, and now my airport looks just like yours.

I too am having this issue with the AEC tool, I have found numerous airports around Europe that have the runway covered with hills etc Eg. LIPQ just last night, I have only ever installed 1.20 purchased from FSS.

When I manually disable the airport in the AEC it does correct it, I think Orbx need to sort this out, I paid good money for the complete set of Base, Vector and Open LC eu. 

Perhaps the development team could sort out a patch for those of us whom dont like fiddling with their files.

Welcome,

I strongly recommend that you replace your published product serial number

with its order number instead.

Order numbers start with FSS

As to your question, I will leave it to a Vector staff member to explain.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Cooper,

I genuinely appreciate your help throughout this issue. I assume that Vector isn't your primary job, is it possible you can notify a member of the Vector team to address this issue in baby steps for those of us who aren't experts in the computer field. 

As mentioned I thank you sincerely, but I am having a very difficult time understanding the process in which to go through. For the amount of money that I have spent on ORBX products, I do expect a level of customer service which hasn't been present yet. After downloading Vector I cannot use my sim, I followed install instructions to the tee. 

I would assume a patch would be released, but if not at a minimum a member of the team explain step-by-step the process to correct orbxs problem. 

Step 1:

Step 2: 

etc etc.

again I appreciate the help thus far, but I am an Air Traffic Controller. not a software developer. 

Thanks, 

Colton

Hi Colton,

As far as I'm aware, there have been 2 "editions" of Vector 1.20.  The older one has no readme file, and I had glitches that were resolved by installing the newer one.  Though maybe that's coincidence, and it just needed a fresh install.

To install it to replace an earlier Vector install, carry out these steps:

=======

1) download the current version, and unzip to a temporary folder (e.g. on desktop).

2) delete the "[YOUR SIM]\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR" folder  - for wherever you have your sim installed.

VectorDir.th.jpg

3) run the installer in that temporary folder

4) install the latest OrbxLibs from the support page (I'm not sure this is strictly necessary, but it's always good practice)

5) Now you can run FTXCentral2, and use the AEC tool.

=======

At this stage you can delete that temporary folder - process complete!

FWIW I'm not an ATC and I've spent many years as a software developer - I'd have called a newer version 1.21, but hey! ;)

Thanks Jabble!

I was getting the old info in the thread (pre-February) with the new information. All is up and running now!

Naming it v1.21 would have been a massive help, it really is a simple fix once you figure out what to do.

Thanks again all who have had input on the subject.

Happy Flying

- Colton

What I recall is that there were, first, the release of the 1.2 update for existing customers having 1.15 installed and then, few days after, the release of the 1.2 full install fior new customers. Being in the later category, I had to wait these few days.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not understand why I have such problems with the elevation ...

For example, the screenshot below:

used vector and global 2010 

c7842f11fefe.jpg

---

443ed2c1d7ff.jpg

---

ef2107b68e42.jpg

---

used only vector,its ok

56c96082cc4f.jpg

---

a5e6b3657f89.jpg

If you disable global 2010, its ok,why is that? how to fix it?

p/s I only use stock airports...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived